T H I R T E E N

The six men walked in the halls behind Taehyung. They walked in silence, only their footsteps to be heard. The six men hated the silence, since it only made their thoughts louder inside their heads.

Suddenly the brunette spoke. "Do you know how painful it is for Shadows when loved ones die?" He asked making the men a bit confused. After some seconds they glared at his back, but remained silent, which only irked the brunette. "I asked you a question, and I expect an answer when I ask you something" He said and then stopped in front of a door and walked inside.

Inside he laid the small Shadow down in a bed and then walked towards another door. Inside was a couch and a chair. He sat in the chair, and the other men sat on the couch.

"Now answer me. Do you know how painful it is for Shadows when loved ones die?" He asked sternly. The men looked at each other and then at the brunette. "I suppose it's the same feeling we get when someone we love die" Yoongi said, making the brunette chuckle bitterly. 

"Well you are wrong," He said and stood up from the chair and walked towards one of the big windows in the room. "Oh how wrong you are" He said and sighed in irritation. 

They sat in silence for a bit before the brunette spoke again. "You mere humans may feel pain, sadness depressed. Or maybe angry like your king, but you don't, and never will feel the way Shadows feel" He said and looked over his shoulder a the six confused males. "Then how do they feel?" Asked the second youngest, Jimin. Taehyung smiled slightly at his question.

"Let's just say a part of them literally dies. Like a part of their soul gets ripped out from their own," He started making the men shocked. "And then imagine how I feel. Me who is the one that created all of those Shadows. Imagine how it must feel when, what you consider, your children dies. And from the hands of mere humans like yourselves!" He said and leaned against the window, looking at the six pale men.

"It feels not so great I must say. Right when you hit Soyeon on the head Hoseok, it was like I was the one getting hit. I felt a part of me get sucked out from my body. And I tell you I don't enjoy that feeling," He started and walked towards them again with a glare, that made chills run up and down their arms.

"Usually I would tear down whole cities, or go on a killing spree. But right now I have to act civil since I don't want another war to break out. But if I were you six, I would step quiet when you walk around, because if you think I'm going to act more out of character than usual, then imagine what my dear Shadows must feel when one from their big family died because of you" He said and smirked when the men trembled slightly.

"We can protect ourselves" Namjoon said and tried to sound confident, but stuttered slightly, making Taehyung chuckle slightly. "That I have no doubt in. But be careful, because I may not kill you, but I already know a lot of Shadows who would be more than happy to do so. But don't worry I will try and convince them not to" Taehyung said and walked towards the window again. His words made the six men breathe in relief. "At least for now" The brunette muttered with a slight chuckle.

Again they sat in silence until one of the men said something. "Can't you just make her live again? I mean you are The Man in The Mirror" Seokjin said. The blue eyed boy looked at him. "There is perhaps something you boys haven't really thought about," He started and sat down in the chair again.

"I may have the power to do so, but my Shadows was once humans. Everyone got killed, but I gave them a second chance at life. But just because they got one more chance doesn't mean they can't be killed again. And here comes the sad part, I have the power to do so, but I can't. I have the power, but that doesn't mean I'm able to" He said and shook his head.

The other men looked at him confused. "But you say you have the power to do so, then how come you can't? That doesn't make sense" Hoseok said and Taehyung looked at him. "There is a fine line between having the power and not being able to. It's like, your father does have the power to take over again, but he can't. Wanna know why? Because there are laws. Laws that leads to death if they are broken," The brunette started and sighed.

"There is also laws for me. I may create Shadows all I want, but I cannot bring them back after they have died in their Shadow forms. They are already ready for a new life, and I cannot just take that away from them. It's like taking an unborn child from a fit mother. Cruel. I have already taken away their first death, I can't also take away their new lives, even if I want to" Taehyung said and looked at the boys with glowing eyes.

"You six have to understand that I love every single one of my Shadows with a burning passion, but that love comes with a price. And it also comes with laws. Laws I have to follow. Laws I agreed to a long time ago" The brunette said and then sighed again.

"Now please get out of my office so I can make myself just a bit okay before I have to make Soyeon's death official. And the last sacrifice. Nobody said a Shadow's death was easy to go through" The blue eyed boy said, and the six men quickly left, leaving a lonely Man in The Mirror to drown in his own sorrows.

"Their first day here and they have already killed a Shadow. I'm starting to believe this visit was a mistake. But I promised her to try and make peace, before it's too late"

***

Can't decide if I'm really happy with this chapter or not, so I'm just going to say it was fine!