introduction

❝your heart is like a volleyball.
it's about to get spiked.❞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

【edith olsen】
➞ edith is an eighteen year old girl, with a quiet personality that has helped her steer clear from unwanted attention. her younger siblings, emma & eren, play for a local volleyball team for fun, & it's when she goes to pick them up from practice one day, that she bumps into her school's star volleyball player & captain, will smitt.

【will smitt】
➞ after repeating his final academic year due to sports related injury, at nineteen years old, will has gained enough attention to have been awarded a volleyball scholarship at an american university. he still plays volleyball a year after the injury & coaches a small local team of under sixteens. during summer time coaching before he leaves to go to america, will finds himself in the company of edith olsen a lot more than he ever expected.

『plot』
・a short story about love & sport.
・will include; fluff & cutesy stuff, minimal swearing, & aims to be around 15 chapters long — not including special chapters & the epilogue.

『playlist』

i. fly high by BURNOUT SYNDROMES.
ii. finally // beautiful stranger by halsey.
iii. imagine by ariana grande.
iv. king of everything by dominic fike.
v. forever & always by zeph
vi. grow before we go by ben platt
vii. euphoria by BTS
viii. really by mimi bay
ix. skin by dijon
x. sugar by BROCKHAMPTON

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

『authors note』

disclaimer: this book is going to be super cheesy and fluffy and cutesy. i know that isn't everyone's slice of cake, but please give it a chance! it won't be cliché — i hope. i also haven't ever played volleyball, but i have a good idea of the rules / positions / basis of the game.

this novel INCLUDES MEDIA such as text messages & so forth. i haven't included any character profiles — i want you to envision the characters as you would like to; i do, however, discuss their looks slightly but it's very minimal!

the novel is going to be FIFTEEN CHAPTERS LONG and each chapter aims to be around FIFTEEN PAGES LONG (key word: aims).

im simply writing this novel to get me back into the swing of writing, & editing. ive really fallen out of love with writing recently & that breaks my heart. so while this story is about edith and Will falling in love with each other, it's also the journey of me falling back in love with writing.

im really excited to write this & i just you enjoy reading. thank you so much ♡

ーnarita