Gadget Tampering

Y/n POV
Base of operations
8:23 AM
Cold air attacked my uncovered skin as I woke up from my slumber. It was a cold morning and I wanted to warm up as soon as possible so I quickly got ready to shower. Glancing at my phone, I was mildly suprised to see a message notification front and center. I rarely got messages so I was confused as to who sent this.
'Hey, its taina. Thankyou for yesterday, I needed that'

'No problem, happy to help' I replied

'

If you tell anyone I cried like that I will cut you'

'Promise I won't, that's what friends are for' I emphasized the friends part

After having a shower and brushing my teeth I left the dorm, (not forgetting to pocket my flask) heading towards the cafeteria. Strangely, no sound was emanating from the room before I pushed open the doors to find an empty room. I furrowed my brow before pulling my phone out and reading the time
'15:23'
'WHAT?!!!'
I've missed breakfast, training and lunch... I guess I was quite tired.
Deciding to head towards the lounge area, because that's where everyone would most likely be, I thought of how I could explain my abscense, but nothing would come to mind. As i entered the lounge everyone turned towards me, questioning eyes stalking my every step as I headed towards the S.A.S' table, which also held Grace, Eliza, Monika and Ela.
"Bloody hell lads, he's finally awakened" commented smoke, gaining the attention of the table.
"Well well well, how you holdin up snow white?" Asked Mike with a chuckle, to which I rolled my eyes.
"Haha fuck off, I was just exhausted" I replied, slumping onto the sofa.
"Why were you exhausted?" Asked grace.
"I was working on my new gadget" I replied.
"Anyway, what did i miss?" I asked, diverting the conversation.
"Well, a new recruit accidentally pulled a flash bang pin, a couple operators still have a headache because they weren't wearing protective gear." Said Seamus, gaining a chuckle out of me.
"So, anyone reckon they're gonna get lucky at this party?" Asked Ela.
"Probably not, I'm abit to old for people's tastes" Mike laughed
"Maybe, depends how drunk I get" replied Seamus.
"Nope, no bird is willing to stay in a room with my gas canisters" James sighed
"No girl is interested in me, so no" said Mark, tinkering with his gadget.
The girls face palmed while the lads chuckled. MONIKA WAS BASICALLY HANGING OFF HIS ARM.
"Y/n?" Ela asked, causing me to laugh.
"Me? Please, I'm extremely young and most the women her are like double my age, no one would even come close to me" I laughed, to which the girls laughed in my face.
"You idiot!" Grace said, smacking the back of my head.
"Ow, what?" I asked.
"While you've been here you've gained alot of female attention, most girls like a younger guy and you are cute" Ela said, causing me to blush.
"He has?" Asked James.
"Yes! He's like.. top 5 on most lists of who would you shag" joined Eliza, to which I gave her a suprised look.
"Damn kid, didn't know you could do it" said Mike
"Now no one wants relationships in this line of work..." started Grace
"But friends with benefits in the other hand" continued Ela, to which I shook my head.
"I dont even know if I want to get into something like that so early so I dont know if I'll accept any 'invites' if I receive any" I replied
"Anyway, how's the party preparation coming along?" I asked, changing the topic.
"Great, the alchol is stored in a safe place while Mute and Monika are working on the disco lights" stated Seamus, to which the two techies hummed in agreement.
"Hey seamus" I said, gaining the Scot's attention
"Yeah?"
"Can you spare any of that alchol? My flask is lookin kind of empty" I asked, to which Seamus smiled.
"Of course lad, follow me, I've got the right stuff for you" he replied, standing up and walking off. I swiftly caught up to him.

??? POV
If the kid won't leave, I'll make him leave. A faulty breaching charge could cause major damage to his hand, enough to force harry to send him home. Some minor damage, not life threatening and he will be forced to stay at home, get an education, find love... it's perfect. The routine Training drill is in two days, Doc will be close by so no chances of death and harry will be watching, which should scar him enough to burn this terrible dream of his that the kid is some next operator.

Leaving the tampered breaching charge in the kids locker I swiftly departed the armoury, ensuring my face is hidden from all cameras.

Sorry kid, but your going home.
_________________________________________
Hope you enjoyed
Bye!