ONE

Chapter/Episode One✰ ✰ ✰"Back-to-School Breakups"

Chapter/Episode One

"Back-to-School Breakups"

When Lacey Marshall's walked into East High that sunny September morning, she had one plan and one plan only.

Stick with your clubs, get your college credentials, graduate at the top of your class, and then leave this place forever.

And while you're at it, make sure to stay out of everyone's way.

She took a deep breath as she clutched her backpack, repeating over and over in her head you can do this, you can do this.

The year was 2022, and it was the last first day of high school Lacey would ever have. She couldn't necessarily tell you she was ecstatic, but at least there was only one year left.

Lacey was perfectly fine with her life in Boise, Idaho; the one that she had lived for fourteen years. But for freshman year, her dad forced the two of them to move to Salt Lake City, Utah.

He knew better than to enroll her at East High School.

But I guess he saw it as the start of something new?

Sure, Lacey wasn't popular at her old school. She only had a few friends. (I mean, could you even call them friends? They ate lunch together and worked together during class. But Lacey hadn't texted them in years. She didn't know what was going on in their life, and they didn't know what was going on in hers.)

So when she started high school in a completely different state, she was scared. All she wanted these few years was to stay invisible. She didn't need friends getting in the way. She didn't want anyone to talk to her or anyone to be around her.

Fortunately, she had started to break out of her shell last year. She joined student council, and was hoping things would start to look up.

So that was her game plan for senior year.

However, what Lacey didn't expect, was to be sitting in the drama classroom during study hall, listening to a pair of sophomores gush over the possibilities of the school's fall musical.

Now Lacey had no interest in the drama club or joining it. She could sing, but that was about it.

Unfortunately, she didn't have a choice but to listen to it. She was pretending to check something on her phone, when in reality, she ran out of her data plan and was waiting for her dad to buy more. The schools WiFi sucked, so she had nothing better to do than stare at her lock screen while the other members did the same.

Well, the president of the drama club AND the drama teacher's assistant were both in the room. They were very busy watching the trailer for season four of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. That's right, the famous Disney+ TV show that was filmed at their very own school, along with the HSM movies.