Author's Note

First things first, I wanna say I'm sorry. EVERYONE HATES ADS. So I'm sorry that I'm wasting your time with this author's note. If you skip it, I understand.

I love to write. What I don't love is sharing what I write with others. But if this is what I want to do, why should I hide it? Like what Olivia Rodrigo once sang, "If no one knew my name, would my wildest dreams feel like home?"

Well, this is the first story I'm putting out there. Yes, it's just fanfiction. But it's a start, and we've all gotta start somewhere. I'll find my way into the new, and I'll give anything it takes.

WOW THIS IS CRINGY.

Anyways, let's get this out of the way. This is not your common fanfic. This isn't about Ricky Bowen or Nini Salazar-Roberts or Gina Porter or any of your favorite characters.

This is going to basically be the HSMTMTS of HSMTMTS.

What does that mean?

Well in HSMTMTS, the students of East High are putting on a play of the movie that was filmed at their school.

But here, the "real" students of East High are putting on a play of the TV show that was filmed at their school, about kids putting on a play of the musical that was filmed at their school.

So here we have my made up characters, in a book universe, performing a stage version of HSMTMTS.

Just a few warnings though.

1) I hardly know anything about drama (I just love the show.)

2) I started writing this a long time ago but figured I'd finish it once quarantine started. Well, that never happened because I've had lots of other things to work on during this time.

3) This is set in the future, taking place in fall of 2022. So if you're confused as of why the seniors are class of 2023, well there's your answers.

I'm not expecting anyone to read this. I'm not even expecting anyone to like it. But I've decided I'm gonna go for it.

HSMTMTS: THE MUSICAL: THE BOOK

I hope you enjoy!!