TWO

Chapter/Episode Two✰ ✰ ✰ "#SAVETHEDRAMA"

Chapter/Episode Two

"#SAVETHEDRAMA"

The anticipation was practically killing her.

Lacey said in an uncomfortable chair in the office, nervously tapping her binder as the principal squinted his eyes at his computer screen, replaying the cafeteria security footage over and over again. It felt like they'd been sitting in there for hours.

Of course, Juliana wasn't in the office with them. She'd definitely get called down there after, but the lunch lady hadn't sent her at the moment.

Lacey looked around the room. She'd never been in there before, at least when she was getting in trouble. So she'd never noticed all the posters and colors that covered the walls. One of them read off "What Team? WILDCATS!"

She couldn't help but cringe.

He spun around dramatically and suddenly, she felt like she was being interrogated.

"Lacey, I'm going to call Miss DuBois in after this. But do you know why I want to have a chat before we discuss this incident?"

"No I do not, sir," Lacey said, bouncing her leg up and down.

What? She was being honest.

"It's your senior year," he said looking at her in the eyes. She tried to keep eye contact but it was just the most uncomfortable thing ever. "Do you have any plans for after you graduate?"

"Oh course I do!" She said, taken back a little. What did he think? She was gonna let all those good grades and credits go to waste? "I'm gonna go to a college preferably out-of-town and pursue whatever my heart desires."

"But do you have a career path set in stone?"

"No sir," she replied, confused on why he was asking this. "But I've kept a 4.0 GPA all years of high school. I'm not worried about getting in. I'm just not sure what I want my career to be."

"Well, what are some things you're interested in?" She shrugged. Lacey didn't really have any hobbies, at least not ones she was willing to share. She looked down at the floor.

"Look, Lacey," he said to her, standing up and pacing the floor. "You're a smart kid. But colleges don't just want some perfect-on-paper kind of kid."

Oh gosh, she thought. I'm going to have that song stuck in my head ALL DAY.

"They want someone who's passionate about what they love. Someone who helps out the community. Someone who participates in a lot of things. Do you get what I'm saying?"

She knew what that meant. "That I need to join more school clubs?" She answered, hoping it would be wrong, bracing herself for the answer.

"That's right," he said, handing her a piece of paper. "Here is a list of all the clubs and sports our school offers. But I'm sure after three years you're pretty familiar with them."