Chapter Nineteen

Amara POV

After the day that Lyra left, things went a little downhill. The next day when I woke up and Leo was not next to me I started to panic. He then came back from getting us food in the kitchen; Leo noticed my eyes were a bright golden color, this is the only time it has happened. Besides, the on the day when I was attacked by rogues on the way back to his house. I would also get anxious if Leo didn't tell me where he was or if something happened within the pack I would start to freak out. Leo told me it was my wolf trying to be the Luna of the pack.

Over the next four days, I had a hunger that would not go away. Leo had to be at his office for most of the days as he is the Alpha, he has to run the pack. Maddie and I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen trying to find things that will take the edge off the hunger. The only thing that would help was raw meat to a certain extent and that also made me sick at the same time. It was a vicious cycle of me being able to eat some then running to the bathroom to throw it up. After the fifth day, we gave up and I would just drink some protein shakes throughout the day and go on and help Leo or played with Ashlynn like I promised her I would.

Leo got a call from New Orleans about a week and a half from when we saw Lyra. She said that they had found the spell and that her father's reconstructing the spell. Also, her father and brother are coming back with her to the pack.  Lyra is expected to be here in an hour, Leo, Greyson, Ezra and I are planning on picking them up from the airport.

When we reach them I see the blue and purple-haired girl that is my half-sister. She has a man with dark hair and a little boy that looks like a mini version of the older man. I take Leo's hand as we walk up to them.

"Welcome back Lyra, it is a pleasure to have you back. If you remember this is Greyson my Beta and Ezra my Third-in-command, then my lovely mate Amara." Leo greets them.

"It is very nice to see you all again. This is my father Jackson and my half brother Roman, I hope it did not cause to much trouble to bring them with me." As Leo and Jackson shake hands.

"Amara you look like your mother, " the man next to Lyra says, " I would also like to tell you, you are part of the family even if you are not my child."

"Thank you, Jackson, that is very kind of you and you were always family to me since Lyra and I met." I bend down and let go of Leo's hand as I stick my hand out to greet the little boy trying to hide behind Lyra. "Hey, my name is Amara your sister and I are sisters."

"My name is Roman, " the little boy grabs my hand, " If you and Ly are sisters, are you also my sister?" he questioned.

"If you want that then I can totally be your sister, " I let go of his hand and stand back up.

" Let's get out here and head back to the pack land," Leo says after Jackson and he has spoken for a moment with Greyson and Ezra.

On the way back to the pack the hunger comes back.

"L-Leo it is back" I am now breathless as it now hurts and I feel like I haven't eaten in forever.

"It is ok Amara we can stop and find something really quick, " Leo pulls the SUV over on the gravel road.

"Amara, what is wrong?" Lyra asks.

"While you have been gone my hunger goes up and down and it won't go away when it is around. We tried raw meat and other things. If I eat too much I throw it up so I drink protein shakes," I say. Leo comes back with a protein shake that we had in a cooler in the back of the car. I am able to drink as we continue on the road.

After another half an hour we reach the packhouse. Leo and Greyson help Jackson and Lyra with the luggage as Ezra helps me get another protein shake.

By now it is around four in the afternoon and all of us are on the deck with Leo's parents talking about the ritual and what needs to happen.

Jackson explains to Xavier, " On the night of the full moon we will need to be in an open field, Lyra and I can then pull magic from the nature around us and the elements we brought with us. When the Clock tricks midnight Lyra and I will say the reversal spell. Amara will most likely faint do to the stress it will take on her body. Over the next couple of hours, she will need to be watched carefully as her wolf and Amara will be connecting. If an outer force interferes it can damage the bond. Amara by morning you will wake and be a werewolf, while asleep you have a chance to either shift while you are passed out or when you wake you will need to shift."

Overall it sounds like a very easy process. I just need to get through the next three days. I look around and see Roman and Ashlynn playing with dolls and cars as they are racing around the yard.

I look over at Leo and see he is talking to Jackson and his father about the pack, while the rest talk between the rest. I imagine a little boy or girl with black hair and grey eyes playing around the yard playing with Roman and Ashlynn. I feel sparks touch my hand and realize I spaced out looking at Leo. I smile at him and lean my head on him as this is a pretty good moment and there are still plenty to come.

Thanks again for reading this far! School is canceled for now and I should be able to update more.
Vote and Comment! I love reading your comments.