Chapter Twenty

Amara POV

Today is the big day. I will finally be a werewolf and I won't have to deal with the side-effects of my wolf wanting to come out.

Lyra and Jackson have been preparing for the full moon tonight, the clearing near the house. Lyra is growing flowers and other plants that can generate power from the earth. While Jackson is setting up the other things they brought with them.

Leo and I are in the kitchen making lunch for everyone. I decide to make chicken fettuccine and some fresh lemonade. I set the outside table with plates and glasses as I see Lyra and Jackson talking to Roman and Ashlynn. For a second I could hear Lyra say something about Roman and Ashlynn needing to come and get lunch. but by the time they were going to respond, I could not hear anything.

As I sit in a chair on the deck, I see Roman and Ashlynn racing towards the back of the house laughing and trying to push each other over as they race.

" Amara Jackson is not being fair!" Ashlynn shouts as she is trying to push him, as they both laugh.

" I am being fair! you are the cheater here." as Roman reaches the deck a step before Ashlynn does.

" I am not the cheater, Amare who is the cheater?" Ash gives me puppy dog eyes as she stands there.

" I think it is a tie for who cheated if you drop who cheated maybe we can make cookies after we all eat lunch," I respond to the two," Now go wash your hands for you can eat lunch."

"Ok," they both say running towards the open back door.

I walk off the patio and head towards Lyra and Jackson in the field. As I walk towards them I feel like something is off but I can't put my finger on it, I feel like I am being watched. Once I am at Lyra and Jackson the feeling is soon lost.

" We have everything set up for tonight. All we need is you and the moon to be up and we will be good," Jackson turns to me.

" That's good, I am kind of nervous for all of this to be over. It has been a constant battle between myself and my wolf, it is starting to make me tired." I respond.

"Well it should all go well and you can have this all move past you."

" Since you are done with setting up, lunch is ready."

" Lunch sounds delicious we will be up in a second, make sure the two little ones did not eat all of our food" Lyra calls out.

I turn back towards the house to leave them to finish with what they were doing, the grass is a dark green and the trees are starting to turn a different color. I feel the unsettling feeling again but I can not figure out where it is coming from. I open the glass door to the inside of the house where Ashlynn and Roman are eating the lunch Leo and I made for everyone. As I stare at the two balls of energy I feel someone wrap an arm around my shoulders. I look up and see Leo with a bright smile on his face showing off his pearly white teeth. I wrap my arm around his waist to give him a quick hug, but before I can pull away he keeps a hold of me.

" Leo thanks again, I have no clue where I would be without you. " I move my eyes to meet his.

"Amara I have no clue where I would be without you. Amara you have brought a whole to reason to live for and I love waking up next to you every day and I hope to do it till we are old and grey. Amara, I love you." he takes my hand in his.

" Leo, I also love you," I grab the back of his neck and pull him towards me. I instantly feel the electricity as our lips connect. Leo drops my hand and wraps his arms around my waist. This is only a handful of times that I have kissed Leo and each time it gets better than the time before. I pull away when I hear "Ewww" coming from the table. I turn towards Ashlynn and Roman and roll my eyes with a smile on my face as I face them. I walk away from Leo and grab plates for both of us. I sit next to Ashlynn as Roman and Leo talk about Roman and his fascination with other supposedly mythical creatures.

" Leo have you ever met a vampire or a mermaid?" the little boy asks.

" I have run across a few vampires but never a mermaid I do not think they like the cold here in Oregon." Leo continues to explain when he met this vampire and how Leo doesn't hate them as every story has foretold.

Lyra and Jackson come in as Roman asks a question about being a werewolf and what color of his wolf is.

" Wow buddy, slow down let Leo speak. Also do not ask so many questions he is a very busy man" Jackson says trying to save Leo from the on slot of questions.

After Lunch Leo was called away by Greyson saying he needed help with something. Lyra and I go back and forth asking questions about growing up and what we did for fun, just trying to get to know each other since we are sisters. We sit outside in the warm sun. Lyra tells me that our mother would take her out on little mother-daughter dates where they would get ice cream and go to a park. I tell her we did something similar where we would go to a little diner then head to a movie or the park.

Lyra and I made Roman and Ashlynn dinner while waiting for Leo to get back and took them back to Leo's parent's house. By the time Leo got back, he was out of breath and only had a pair of basketball shorts on. " Lyra are you able to start the ritual now? There are rogues coming from the west side outside the pack land coming straight towards the house. They are about an hour out it is already eleven."

" It will be dangerous to start earlier, It can be done but Amara has to be one hundred percent sure she wants his or it can damage both her and her wolf."

I look at Leo and Lyra standing in front of me. I look at both of them and see Jackson enter the room, " Hey I heard talking what's happening?" Jackson looks around the room. Leo then explains the situation very quickly and looks back at me for my answer.

" Well I am one hundred percent sure I want this to happen and it sounds like we are in a tough spot and is not ideal but I am sure I want this to happen I need to start over and this is a fresh start to a new life," I say looking back at them.

" Well then it is settled, let us head out to the clearing and get this done with," Jackson says heading out the back door.

I hope everyone is having a great day while we are social distancing, there are only one or two chapters left of Leo and Amara's story. Also, remember to wash your hands.