Chapter 7

The sounds came first, then the smells, then the warmth and finally the light dancing beyond your eyelids. The t.v. was on, something foreign and dramatic played on low volume. Someone was snoring, and the heart rate monitor was keeping tempo. Clean— it smelled clean, and like coffee, cheap bad coffee. You were covered with blankets, soft plush blankets from home, it wasn't your standard hospital linens. Hospital— that's right. You opened your eyes; it took a few tries but eventually you got them to focus and stay open.

Shota and Hizashi were sitting in the same chair, Shota sprawled out snoring with his head thrown back and mouth open, Hizashi curled up on his lap like a cat. You smiled at them; it was the best sight you could have woken up to. You turned your head to the side, hoping to find water on the bedside table, instead you found wrappers, empty coffee cups and a small vase of wilted flowers. You groaned trying to get some kind of noise out of your dry throat.

Hizashi stirred and opened his eyes. He looked around blankly, scanning the room until his eyes landed on you. He nearly jumped as he stood up off of Shota's lap, waking him up in the process.

"Y/n!" he cried. He knelt down next to your bed and took one of your bandaged hands in his and kissed your knuckles. With tears in his eyes all he could muster was a "Hey".

Shota was standing now, one hand on Hizashi's shoulder and the other found your leg. "H-how are you feeling?" he asked, his voice was raspy and tired.

Shota usually had deep dark circles under his eyes, but right now they were red and swollen. He sniffed and balled his fist up in his sleeve and whipped under one of his eyes.

"D-dry." You managed the croak out.

"Right!" Hizashi squeaked. He turned around, nearly tripped over the chair and grabbed a table on wheels, pulling it closer. On it was a bottle of water, a can of carbonated water and an empty cup. He cracked open the bottle and poured you a glass and brought it over. Shota presses a button on the remote tucked off to the side of the bed and the top half of your bed slowly inclined until you were sat up enough to be able to drink without spilling. You tried to take the cup, but your hands weren't able to grip it, the medicine in your system numbed your movements.

"Let me." Hizashi said, taking your hand in his and bring the cup to your lips. You blushed as you took a sip, the water washing over your rough throat. It took a few more sips for you to be able to get a full sentence out.

"H-how long have I-" you began.

"Two weeks." Shota sad, his hand tightening slightly on your leg. "You- you had a heart attack from the smoke and the building collapsed on you and your hands-"

Hizashi placed a hand on his shoulder stopping him mid-ramble. "You'll be okay. You needed to sleep for a while, so you were put into a medically induced coma. But you're healing well." Hizashi said, a sweet smile on his lips. Shota was looking down at his hand, it trembled ever so slightly. You saw a dark spot appear next to it, then a second one.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled. You lifted the hand that Hizashi wasn't holding and reached out to Shota. He stared at it and whipped his eyes again with his sleeve before taking it.

"For what?" Shota's voice cracked.

"Scaring you." You said, squeezing his hand.

"You fucking should be." Shota sobbed, his tears free falling.

Hizashi wrapped one arm around him, his other hand still clutching yours. He grinned at you; his eyes filled with unspilt tears. 'Dad is so mad at you' he mouthed to you before turning to kiss the top of Shota's head.

You groaned to yourself, you were going to on bedrest and have to endure the silent treatment? All because you wanted to be a hero.

Author's Note: 07/25/2020

I'll be starting a new longer fic, a continuation of this one but i think i'll be publishing it as a different book. Out of curiosity is there anything you'd like to see maybe?