T w o

He fiddled with his fingers, bouncing a little bit, he almost seemed nervous.

Then it hit you: you didn't recognize this man. You had heard that a bunch of boys had just moved in the apartment below yours. Could he be one of them?

"Um, may I h-help you?" You finally stuttered out some words, the silence was way too awkward.

He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, and looked up from the ground so that his big doe eyes met yours. You could swear your heart skipped a beat. The boy was charming to put it simply.

"Yes, actually I heard- well I don't mean to intrude on your privacy, but I heard something shattering and I just couldn't help-"

He went on and on, rambling and tripping over his words, but you were completely zoned out. His deep voice took you somewhere else. And for some reason, you didn't want him to know about your parents' situation, so you decided to lie.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." You bit your lip nervously, already feeling guilty about lying. You don't know what pushed you to lie. The whole building knew about your parents, so why would you want to hide that from him? Was it because he was new, and you were tired of people thinking of you as a charity case, and giving you looks of pity? Maybe there was more to it, but you couldn't figure out what it was.

"Oh... I could've sworn I heard noises coming from your apartment." He seemed to doubt himself and his ability to hear properly.

You shook your head, denying it. You wanted to slap yourself for lying yet again.

"I'm sorry I can't help you uh..."

"Ah! I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung." He hit his head cutely, you figured it was because he felt bad for not introducing himself earlier. "I'm your new neighbor by the way, I live downstairs with my brothers."

You nodded your head, acknowledging this new information. "I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you."

Once you pronounced those words, the tension in the air was so thicc you could cut through it with a knife.

"Well! I better get going, although I can't help but ask again, are you sure nothing shattered, because I can see a broom and some pieces behind yo-" He pointed behind you, where you had left the broken vase.

"Oh that's nothing. Okay bye thanks for stopping by!" You basically shut him up, and slammed the door in his face.

Although you thought you did a pretty good job at lying to him, you couldn't help but think that Kim Taehyung knew something.

|||