Going home

Love at Divergent High

Chapter 56: Going home

A week has passed since Tobias woke up. I am four weeks and two days pregnant now. Today he gets to come home. His wounds have been healing nicely and he is able to walk well, as long as he has a little bit of help from someone sometimes. Now, when they take him off the morphine he isn’t in as much pain, but they’re giving him some painkillers to take home with him.

Eve drew him a picture that said ‘get well soon daddy xxx’ in blue crayon at the top. Underneath there is a picture of the house and me, her, the baby that is currently growing in my stomach, him, Christina, Will, Marlene, Uriah, Ashton, Zeke and Shauna on it.

Will and Christina have moved their wedding so it will be held in four weeks from today. I am going back to work after the wedding as the studio have allowed me to have time off since Tobias went missing and said that I could stay home to look after him for a little while before coming back. I am going on maternity leave when I am thirty six weeks pregnant. Tobias is having another twelve weeks off before going back to work. He then goes on paternity leave when I am thirty eight seven weeks pregnant.

Right now I am helping him get changed into a loose t-shirt and some jogging bottoms, both of which are grey, but he needs to wear comfortable clothes.

“Is Eve at school?” Tobias asks.

“Yeah, though neither her nor Ashton went to school whilst you were missing, there were too many news reporters outside the house. Their teachers emailed us their work and we helped them do it. But they went back to school a few days ago.” I tell him as I help him slide on a jacket.

“I’m sorry.” He says.

“You don’t have to be sorry, Tobias, it’s not your fault.” I tell him before bending over to help him put shoes on.

“Have they found who helped him escape yet?” He asks.

“Nope. Marcus is refusing to tell them anything and their faces were covered so they can’t tell using the CCTV footage. Though, I think they’ve found a way of telling who it was. We’ll find out soon if it works.” I answer, standing up so I am facing him. I kiss him lightly on the lips and he wraps his arms around my waist, deepening the kiss as he pulls me closer to him. “You ready to go?”

“Yeah, I hate this place.” He says, smiling. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” I reply, kissing him again. “Let’s go.”

I help him stand up and lead him out of the room. Zeke is standing in the waiting room when we get there, holding Tobias’ painkillers and things. He comes over to us and helps us out to his car.

We help Tobias into the passenger seat at the front and I sit in the back as Zeke takes his seat in the drivers’ seat. He drives us home gently, being careful not to go above the speed limit and not to go in any potholes or anything.

When we arrive back home we help Tobias out of the car and into the house. Everyone else has gone to work so it is empty. Zeke helps Tobias onto the sofa and I go and get some drinks from the kitchen.

When I enter the living room I find Zeke putting a movie on, I put the tray of drinks I am holding on the coffee table and sit next to Tobias. Zeke comes over and sits on the other side of Tobias. We end up watching Fast and Furious, which is actually a good movie.  

About halfway through Tobias wraps his arm around me and places his hand on my stomach, I look up at him and see he is smiling, I smile too. Zeke looks at us and smiles, shaking his head.

“You two are too adorable together. It makes me sick.” He says.

“You and Shauna are adorable together, too.” I tell him.

“Not as adorable as you two are.” He says before turning back to the movie.

I lean my head on Tobias’ shoulder and watch the rest of the movie, placing my hand over his, over our baby.

At three Zeke leaves to pick up Ashton and Eve from school, leaving Tobias and I alone.

“Tris, I love you, more than anything. I love our children, too.” Tobias tells me.

“I love you, too. And so do our children.” I tell him.

“I’m sorry that I left you. I’m sorry that Marcus escaped. I’m sorry I almost died. I’m sorry.” He says, tears filling his eyes.

“Tobias, it’s not your fault. You don’t have to be sorry.” I tell him.

“I didn’t want to leave you.” He says as a tear falls down his cheek.

“I know. I know you didn’t.” I say, wiping the tear away with the pad of my thumb.

“I won’t leave you like that ever again.” He says. More tears that I wipe away.

“I know you won’t.” I say.

“I was so scared. Scared that I was going to die. Scared that I wasn’t going to be able to see you, or Eve again. Scared that you’d be left alone. Scared that I got you pregnant again, only to leave you like that.” He says.

“I know. But it’s okay now. You’re home. You’re safe. I love you.” I say.

“I love you, too.” He says.

“Why don’t I take you upstairs so you can get some sleep?” I suggest. He nods, so I help him up the stairs and into our room, onto our bed. I cover him over with the duvet and kiss his forehead.

“Can you stay with me? Please?” He asks. I hate seeing him like this, all vulnerable and scared. I hate Marcus for doing this to him.

“Always, Tobias.” I say before climbing into the bed with him.

He wraps his arm around me and I lean my head gently on his chest. I don’t go to sleep until I hear his breaths become more even and relaxed, and I know that he is asleep.

Hey Ravens, sorry for the wait.

I will update again as soon as I can.

Please review!