II - Blossoming Friendships

Lunch break at the Academy became something that students from both Kio and Quincy's class looked forward to. It's been a week now since the transfer students were introduced and friendships were formed amongst the eighteen students from both classes. They often received weird looks or deathly glares from other students, especially those from their class, whenever they passed by, but none of them paid them any attention.

Rocco tried to pick up a fight with Steel again a couple of times since the first day, but Ru and Suk jumped in front of Rocco and his gang to defend their newfound friends. Of course Steel didn't appreciate being 'rescued' by his new friends, but Red explained to him that Ru and Suk have more clout when it comes to getting rid of vermin like Rocco and his friends.

"So are they from those aristocracy clans you guys mentioned?" Wendy asked curiously after Red explained to them why those guys won't dare to pick up a fight with either Ru or Suk.

"Uhm..." Red chewed on her bottom lip while eyeing the two guys from the other class. She knew they were members of a couple of aristocratic clans in the village, and everyone who has lived in Takibi knew about it, but unlike Rocco and his goons, Ru and Suk doesn't like their affiliation to such powerful clans be advertised.

"We just know how to kick some serious ass," Suk answered on Red's behalf.

"Plus we really just hate bullies," added Ru.

"But why are those guys so against transferee from other villages?" asked Lulu.

"Their parents are hardcore village loyalists. I remember them giving my dad a hard time when we first moved to Takibi," Inigo said.

"Same with my dad," chimed Red.

"I think all our parents went through the same when we all first moved here," Rin pouted.

Mak and Ori nodded in agreement. Haru, on the other hand, decided not to comment. His situation was different from the others since his mother didn't end up working for one of the Aristocrats' companies. Due to her connection to both the Chiji and his second-in-command – not to mention her status as Queen of Doragon – she was given a job right there in the Chiji's office. It wasn't as the Chiji's assistant (even though he knew Kash would love that), but as Tenzo's (to Kash's chagrin), but that position only lasted a few months before his mother was promoted to take over from someone who was retiring. Kona wanted to be placed either in Intel collection or as one of the medical staff, but since she was supposed to be in hiding, she can't be seen out in public all the time, and if she became assistant to the Chiji, she'd be responsible for scheduling all his meetings and all the other jobs assistants were hired to do.

Haru's case was different since Trident didn't know of his existence (it was the reason why Kona didn't want anyone outside their guardians and Tenzo, and now Kash was included, that she bore a son to someday takeover as leader of Doragon).

Wendy noticed Haru's lack of participation when the others were sharing their parents and also their experience when they first moved to Takibi.

"You're awfully quiet over there, Haru," she commented. "Aren't you one of the transplants to Takibi too?"

"I moved here a couple of years ago," Haru answered.

"Yeah, he's the most recent transplant to Takibi," Rin boasted, wrapping his arm around Haru's shoulder and pulling his friend closer to him. "But we've seen him visit Takibi on and off before his family decided to move here permanently," he added.

"Really? What made your parents decide to move here permanently?" Wendy was genuinely interested on hearing Haru's story. Ever since their groups became friends, she has heard almost everyone's story except for Haru. She got that he was a private guy when it comes to his personal life; he was pretty open when the discussion wasn't personal, but when the others started sharing stories of their lives in Takibi – especially the other transplants – Haru often retreat into his own shell and just listens to everybody's story.