007 ⎯⎯ Operation: Troy

— act one, scene seven: operation troy

act one, scene seven: operation troy

༺♥༻

     Megara couldn't stop thinking about the audition with Ricky.  More specifically, how badly he read off his script at the beginning.  And then she also had to help Ricky get through singing a rendition of Nini's anniversary song for her new boyfriend to see.  Yikes.  Times two.

     Other than that, everything else was falling into the plan.  They were trying to make it seem like they were slowly but surely getting closer, and then like in a week or two, some sort of grand gesture to really show that Megara had let her walls down for the curly-haired boy.

     Now, days after the auditions, the small group were settling into their new roles.  And getting used to seeing each other more often too.  "She's giving me all this responsibility," K.C. whined, leaning her small head on the brick walls of the hallway.

     Megara stood up straight, taking her hand off the water foundation.  She wiped her chin with the back of her hand.  "Well, Kelsi did have a lot of responsibility.  Gabriella and Troy wouldn't be themselves without her.  She really was the playmaker."

     "But you're the one actually playing Kelsi," K.C. whined.

     Megara chuckled.  "You're hilarious.  I'm just playing a role, you're the actual composer."

     "Guys," Ricky walked up to them, Big Red in tow.  "Guess what."

     "Ah, if it isn't dumb and dumber," K.C. said with a smile as sweet as honey.

     Megara caught sight of the cologne bottle in his hands and instantly became aware of his plan.  She remembered the story well; Ricky got ambushed by a salesman and Nini fell in love with the scent.  Megara couldn't blame her.  "I'm not spraying that on you," Megara shook her head.

     Ricky dropped his arm to his side and tilted his head.  "Your enthusiasm is off the charts right now," he said sarcastically, obviously disappointed with her reaction.  She simply crossed her arms and pursed her lips as he talked.  "Come on," he motioned to his other best friend, the boys walking into the boys' bathroom to leave the girls alone yet again.

     "Ew, Ej's going live again," K.C. rolled her eyes.  "Do you think Savannah will ever get over him?"

     "I dunno," Megara shrugged, arms still crossed.  "It happened so quickly.  It seemed like before we knew it..." she trailed.

     "He moved on," K.C. finished for her.  While she was much younger, and Rita's baby sister, the three welcomed her into their crew with welcome arms.  She was overly honest sometimes, but her heart was in all the right places.

     Megara nodded.  "Yeah."

     "Phew!" the boys walked outside the bathroom with matching grins.  Ricky waved his hands, telling Megara to come closer to him.  "Get a whiff of this!"