Chapter Three: Back To The DG

Charlie and Alex's taxi pulled up outside Ashdene Ridge. Charlie paid the taxi driver, and she and Alex got out of the car. Charlie did ask if the driver could wait for them, as they didn't plan to be very long. But he was quite insistent that he needed to be somewhere else. As the taxi drove off, Charlie and Alex took a moment and just stood looked at the Dumping Ground. Their old home. 

CHARLIE
It's actually so good to see this place again.

Alex gave Charlie an odd expression.

ALEX
Really?

CHARLIE
Come on. Admit it, you missed this place.

ALEX
Hardly.

CHARLIE
Well, I have.

ALEX
Are you gonna move back in then?

Alex said this jokingly.

CHARLIE
Pfft, no.

The two of them walked up to the house together.

CHARLIE
It's going to be weird seeing everyone again after so long. Good weird, though.

ALEX
Yeah, I know what you mean. Did you let anyone know we were coming?

CHARLIE
I was, but then I thought I'd surprise everyone. Like you did for me, yesterday.

Alex chuckled.

They'd reached the front porch. Charlie took a moment before knocking on the door. She was a bit nervous. But having Alex with her helped.

In the house, Bec was coming down the stairs and heading to the kitchen. May-Li was in the office catching up on tedious paperwork. The house was very quiet. Mainly due to the fact that Scott had taken most of the kids out for a cinema trip. There weren't enough tickets for everyone to go, but Bec didn't give two monkies. May-Li heard the knock on the door, and noticed Bec walking by.

MAY-LI
Oh, Bec! Would you mind getting the door for us?

BEC
Why me?

MAY-LI
Er, because I asked you to.

Bec rolled her eyes and went to answer the door. Bec opened the door and saw Charlie and Alex stood there. Charlie gave her her usual cheerful grin. 

Bec just had her usual emotionless expression on. Charlie tried introducing herself, but Bec barely gave her the chance. She just ignored both Charlie and Alex and went back into the house. Charlie couldn't help but feel a little offended.

BEC
[to May-Li] Alex and some girl are here.

May-Li looked alerted.

MAY-LI
Sorry, what? Alex and... ..who?

BEC
I don't know. Some girl.

Bec entered the kitchen as May-Li came rushing out of the office, and headed in the other direction to the front door. But as she was doing this, Charlie and Alex entered the house.

MAY-LI
Charlie?

CHARLIE
Hey.

May-Li rushed over towards the pair and gave them both a hug, at the same time. Bec came out of the kitchen with an applet, rolled her eyes, and went up to her room without May-Li noticing. May-Li soon let go of Charlie and Alex and stepped back.

MAY-LI
Sorry. It's just great to see you, both of you.

CHARLIE
You too, Head Care Worker!