Chapter Five: Settling Back Home/A Gift

After Alex left to go to work, Charlie wasted no time and began making the house feel more like home again. The house felt kind of depressing, with it looking so empty everywhere. But before she got any stuff out, Charlie gave the house a bit of a clean. It'd gotten fairly dusty in places during the time she'd been away. 

After cleaning, Charlie began unpacking stuff out of the boxes from Ashdene Ridge. Various knick-knacks, photos and whatnot. Putting them back in their usual spots. Afterwards, Charlie came across her old fairy lights and hung them up in the living room, to brighten the place up a bit. And to finish off, she got out a small cushion and a throw blanket and placed them onto the sofa chair in the corner of the living room. And to finish off, she got out some new framed photos of her Dumping Ground family and set them out on the kitchen windowsill. 

The first photo included everyone at Christmas in 2017, after the whole fiasco regarding Mr Umbleby and Ashdene Ridge being threatened with closure. 

The second was a photo of Taz in the garden. Taz was kind of like the little sister Charlie never had, so it only felt right having a photograph of her to look at every morning. 

The third was a photo of Charlie and Sasha. Sasha was the first person Charlie properly opened up to at Ashdene Ridge. After Alex, Sasha was probably her closest friend in the DG. 

The fourth was a photo of herself, Alex and Finn during Finn's Blackpool party. Which she decorated this frame with a few fridge magnets that fit with the Blackpool theme. 

The fifth photo was another of Charlie and Henry.

And lastly, the sixth photo was one of just Charlie and Alex, which she placed next to another of her grandparents

And lastly, the sixth photo was one of just Charlie and Alex, which she placed next to another of her grandparents. There wasn't enough room for these two photos on the windowsill, so she put them on the corner kitchen counter for now, alongside a vase. That was holding Alex's battered flowers inside.

Next, Charlie moved onto her rucksack and unpacked everything inside it

Next, Charlie moved onto her rucksack and unpacked everything inside it. Firstly, she got out her camera and plugged it in to charge. Once it'd fully charged, she planned to upload all the photographs from her travels onto her laptop and organise them all. She'd taken so many, she dreaded how long it would take. But at least it'd give her something to do.