S E V E N

CHAPTER SEVEN

femme fatale

AS JENNIE WAITED FOR THE COFFEE from the vending machine to fall, two figures who were talking about Kang Mina's case caught her attention.

“But what if the prosecutor won't be able to prove her innocence?” The man spoke to the other reporter who was a girl.

Jennie turned to them after getting her coffee, “Of course the prosecutor would prove her innocence. She's one competetive woman after all,” she interrupted.

The two stared at Jennie with a confuse stare until the man realized who Jennie was.

“Oh! You're Prosecutor Kim, right?”

Jennie chuckled before noticing their jacket that they were wearing. “Ah you're from BHE news? You're Yoongi's colleagues, right?”

“Yes but . . . You should really be careful of calling him that name. He doesn't want anyone of us calling him by his real name.” The woman whispered to Jennie making her expression softened before nodding.

“I'm Jeon Jungkook. And she's SooJi.” they both introduced and she gave them a smile.

“But . . . Where is Suga though?” Jennie asked.

“There he is,” The girl turned her attention to where SooJi pointed. And there was Yoongi who was walking towards the three.

“Hyung! You never told you and Prosecutor Kim knew each other. We can interview her now.” Jungkook exclaimed in excitement but Yoongi only rolled his eyes.

He was about to insert money in the vending machine, ignoring Jungkook but Jennie stopped him, offering the coffee she bought.

“Thanks for the coffee you bought me yesterday. Here.” The man hesitated to get the coffee as Jungkook and SooJi looked at each other in confusion. But when he was about to take it from her, someone snatched it away from Jennie making her furrow her eyebrows.

“Thank you,” There stood Park Jimin who was also the lawyer of Kang SeungHo. Jennie glared at the man in front of her.

“Hey, seems like you two look very close. I don't know what's the deal between you two, but don't be biased though.” Jimin stated with a grin making Jennie scoff.

“And Jennie . . . This time, I'll win this case. I'll make Kang SeungHo innocent at all cost. So I think you should just let it go.” Jimin added and Jennie gave a chuckle.

“I've studied the documents. Kang SeungHo had been abusing his family for thirteen years. And it looks like I can't just let him go.” Jennie smirked making Jimin looked at her in disbelief.

“Yah! Kang Mina already admitted her crime. So what on earth are you still fighting for, Jennie-ah?” Jimin exclaimed as anger ran through him, gripping Jennie's arm, hard.

Jennie chuckled bitterly before glaring at him, pushing his hand harshly. “That will only work for stupid prosecutors. I'm . . . Not one of those. And I also noticed a few other things that seems suspicious.”

“Things that are suspicious? There's no such thing. Even if you study those documents for months.” Jimin added making Jennie raised an eyebrow.

“Not everything is in the documents. There are also people who needed to be summoned. Just like her daughter. So, Jimin-ah. Stop getting your expectations high.”

Jungkook and SooJi only looked at each other in amazement as they stared at the two who was having an argument.

“Have you already forgotten the relationship we had? I'm offended.” Jimin glared at the girl who laughed at his statement.