Foreword

I hope you do spare a few minutes to read it - it might save you from future confusion.

First of all if you're a new reader, thank you for venturing into my book. If not, you might wonder if there's a recurring trend of the names Arnav, Khushi, Payal, Akash and so on. The reason is, I happen to be in love with a fictional television series called Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (What Do I Name This Love?) and I sincerely hope this information doesn't make you turn the other way!

All because the story is all too simple and I hope you can enjoy the following fan fiction after a not so little summary below.

Set in the city of Lucknow, a barely twenty years old Khushi Kumari Gupta gate crashes a massive fashion show for the purpose of finding her sister's groom and saving the marriage. The fashion magnate, ASR, chooses to disbelieve her innocence and mistreats her before she makes her escape with scathing words.

Arnav Singh Raizada, commonly known as ASR, is a jaded spirit with a sad past. He and his elder, married, handicapped sister Anjali (the apple of his eyes) now are co-owners of the mega famous AR Fashions.

As luck would have it, Arnav and Khushi keep on meeting in unfortunate circumstances. Leaving one humiliated and the other troubled. From letting her fall a floor down to unintentionally leading her to a hazardous guesthouse, feelings trigger when he notices the woman in Khushi. And Khushi too can't resist him when she realises that it's loneliness that makes him spiteful, not hatred.

Their romance blossoms but either's hesitance to acknowledge their new-found feelings causes more harm than expected. Even though they nearly kiss, he denies the event and gets engaged to his current girlfriend, Lavanya. And Khushi succumbs to the family pressure of marrying the tenant, Shyam, for the sake of the family's reputation and apparently her paralyzed father's wishes. 

In between this whirlwind of a romance, Arnav's cousin Akash and Khushi's sister (cousin) Payal have been progressively falling for each other. Akash proposes to her, knowing her feelings but she declines him for reasons best known to her. 

Arnav and Khushi put aside their angst and form a truce to help their cousins out once Khushi discovers that Payal does love Akash but is wary about the class and status difference between their families.

A dramatic Khushi and a very reluctant Arnav hatch a plan to let Payal know that Akash is committing suicide due to Payal's denial. 

Arnav has arrived at the Gupta residence, to hand over Akash's suicide note.