8. A Touch of Fantasy

AR boasted one of the largest and most prestigious photo studios in India. From supermodels to millionaires - they had all been dressed and photographed here. The likes of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar often graced their covers on shoots held in this space. So nothing should have fazed Arnav Singh Raizada about the beauty and potential of the studio he owned.

Except this was the second time his heart skipped a beat. The first time, it had nothing to do with the studio - it was all about a woman dressed in a gossamer, scarlet red saree.

The lights were dimmed to mimic moonlight. Tall trees, with fairy lights for leaves, twinkled in the darkness. Translucent, stone studded drapes hung, filtering and reflecting the lights on their crystals. At the center was a white table, with matching chairs. There was a small candle, silver cutlery on the table and a few white roses scattered around the studio.

An artificial pond was constructed on both sides of the seating, with hundred floating candles, bathing the entire room in a soft, warm glow. Akash didn't realise when Payal held his hand. They walked into the studio, in a trance, half in love with the beauty of everything and with each other.

The blue light, golden candles, transparent crystal studded drapes, Payal's purple salwar and Akash's white suit was aesthetically... perfect.

Khushi thought of all of this? Arnav turned to her, but was rendered speechless by her soft smile.

"Thank you Arnav ji, Aman ji had told me that you strictly instructed money not to be taken into account for Jiji's first date-" Khushi's breath hitched and smile fell at the intensity of his dark gaze. Many nights ago, he had looked at her in the exact manner. No, he couldn't look at her like this. Not now, not when it was impossible.

"Khushi!" Arnav and Khushi snapped out of their eyelock as Payal ran and grabbed Khushi in her arms, swinging her in excitement.

"Why... you didn't have to work so hard? When did you find the time? Khushi you shouldn't have!" Payal fretted but couldn't stop smiling. Khushi laughed and jumped in equal fervor.

"Offo Jiji, first tell me whether you like it or not." Khushi asked.

"Like it? Khushi ji this is beyond what either of us expected!" Akash, finally finding words and Payal's hand, told Khushi.

"Exactly, it's as if we have-" Payal began, "-entered a fantasy." Akash completed. Payal and Akash looked at each other, and immediately looked away, blush creeping up their cheeks.

"Alright, it's our time to go." Arnav said. No matter how enchanted he was by the setup, another minute of Akash and Payal's romance would send him to the hospital for blood sugar - even if he wasn't diagnosed with diabetes.

Khushi, on the other hand, scowled at the interruption. She wanted to sit and watch the entire exchange. Nothing interested her more than romance. In reality. Or on television. Or both - Kamlesh Tha Khabri Ab Pandit Ji, a show where her favorite news anchor married brides and grooms across the country was her current obsession.

"No really Khushi ji, this is very... very..." Akash cracked a wide toothed smile, the fashion analyst and romantic in him too satisfied by what he saw.

"Beautiful," Arnav murmured. Khushi stiffened, noticing that Arnav wasn't looking at the setup at all. In bringing out the best for Payal, Khushi had bared her heart and fantasies in front of the one man who quashed it all down. This was a mistake.

"You've nearly done better than Bhansali." Akash brought Khushi out of her thoughts. And just like that, Khushi's worries disappeared.

"Hey Devi Maiya! Really?" Khushi shrieked.