Introduction

Hymns of the Dark

Written by Researcher [Clearance Pending]

Authorized by Dr. [Clearance Pending], Dr. [Clearance Pending], and Dr. [Clearance Pending]

Distributed by Head Council Members Alpha, Gamma, Epsilon, and Theta.

     This document has been classified for some time now, however, certain events have led the council to order Code Alpha-4. The modern world needs to be informed of these events for its own safety if any are to come across any of the anomalous entities mentioned in the incoming documents. This order is to be carried out periodically, and those informed are to do what they wish with this information. The following is an overview of who we are and our purpose.

     The goal of this organization is to keep the modern world safe and to document any anomalous activity for the well being of the planet. It has been around for nearly a century, being formed in [Clearance Pending] by [Clearance Pending]. It is made of scientists, trained armed forces, researchers, and many heads within the world governments. We aim to protect society, not harm it. We are to be trusted. Though we have operated in the dark for some time now, the time has come to reveal some of our research. What you will see was previously classified information to the civilian population, but as stated before, events have led the head council to release this information. Until further notice, Class-1 information will now be shared with the public periodically, serving as not only a warning, but a guide on how to ensure the safety of civilian lives.

     Trust us, or don't, for the choice will ultimately be made by yourself. We are not the only organization like this in the world, but we are certainly the first to report on the anomalies to be stated within the documents following this introduction. We are the Yokai Observation Units, formed to keep the world safe from harmful entities spotted around the globe. The fate of society as we know it is in our hands, but it is up to you to trust in us. 

     The documents shown after this one will be composed of transcripts, researcher notes, and the notes of civilians who have encountered anomalies first hand. Each anomaly has a class that determines it's danger level to society.

Level 1: Anomaly shows little to no malevolence towards society. They are either harmless or easy to observe from a distance. These can be allowed to roam undisturbed by the Y.O.U. organization.

Level 2: Anomaly exhibits unpredictable behavior, and/or is aggressive towards humans in the area. These can be territorial in nature and can be docile if left undisturbed. Anomalies under this level are to be researched, studied, and captured to be held in containment to allow further research. This is to ensure the safety of society.

Level 3: Anomaly is malevolent, and actively seeks to destroy society as we know it. Anomalies under this classification are to be terminated on sight. Any and all occurrences of anomalies under this classification are to be hastily sought after and terminated. Failure in doing so will result in heavy civilian casualties.

Level 4: Anomaly is dangerous beyond the knowledge of the organization. Anomalies under this classification are readily able to cause the Apocalypse. Instances of these Anomalies are fittingly named Harbinger scenarios and are to be researched and studied extensively. If possible, termination is mandatory. Failure to do so is certain to cause the end of times.

Level 5: [Clearance Pending]

Terminated: Subject is no longer Anomalous or is deceased, extinct, or has relocated from this world. These are deemed no longer a threat to society, and any documentation on said subject is to be archived.

     These classifications are what keep notify our armed forces exactly what to do when encountering an anomaly, whether it be to document, capture, or terminate. These classifications are now available to civilians in hopes that you too know what to do when encountering an anomalous instance. Without the guidance of [Clearance Pending] and Y.O.U., the civilian populace would go extinct. The organization aims to avoid that, by any means necessary.