Chapter 13- Never Again

"Your name is Kyree, yes?" a voice aroused me from my sleep.

"W-what?"

"Kyree Jackson, is that your name?"

"Y-yes," once I opened my eyes, I realized I was sitting on a chair in chains.

"Where are the turtles?" a new, deeper voice asked.

"You're Shredder aren't you?" I questioned.

"That isn't a matter right now. Now answer our question," it sounded like Hector.

"Where am I?"

"She is not cooperating with us," a low murmur said.

Looking around, I could only see that the room around me was dark. I was only lit by a light above me.

"Give her the mutagen," Hector said.

"Muta-what?" I tilted my head. "Leo! Where's Leonardo?"

"He won't save you!" the deep voice said.

The light above me suddenly blew out and multiple voices cursed. Now I could see easier and, from my position, I saw two figures crouching in the window. I opened my mouth to say something, but one of them held up a finger. Rattling noises from beside me made everyone's attention turn that way.

"We got you, Kyree," Donnie's familiar voice was near my ear.

I heard a few Foot Clan members get trashed and I figured it was Raph.

"Get them!" the deep voice commanded, his voice echoing off the walls.

Donnie quickly got my hands out of the chains and helped me up. We started running in the darkness and back up to the roof. Feeling a pinch in my arm, I grabbed my arm.

"Ow!"

"Are you okay?" Raph asked as he helped me up by the window.

"Y-yeah," I blinked, my vision becoming blurry. "Just...fine."

I fell into Raph's arms unconscious.

~~~

"I already told you I'm done with this," a voice hissed lowly.

"You can't just kick-"

"Leo," I groaned, rolling over.

"Kyree!" Leo's warm hands stopped me from rolling.

Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Mikey, Raph, and Donnie behind Leo, gazing at me curiously. Helping me sit up, Leo kept a hand on my back.

"How are you feeling?" Donnie asked.

"Okay," I blinked. "Just a little shaken up, that's all."

"Want something to eat?" Leo murmured.

"Yes," I suddenly felt hungry. "What time is it? Dinner time? I hope so."

The four turtles chuckled and we all went out of the Dojo. Mikey reminded me of our championship game of Speed and I smiled.

"Set it up Mikey. If I win, I get two slices of your pizza."

"If you lose," Mikey thought for a moment, "I get your lava lamp."

"Deal," I narrowed my eyes, smiling.

Raph and Donnie sat on each side of us, watching intently. Leo was in the kitchen, I guessed making dinner.

"Three rounds," I started shuffling.

Mikey only popped his fingers.

"Come on Kyree!" Raph seemed to plead.

Mikey hit an eight with a nine and then went back down to an eight. Hitting the eight I went nine, ten, jack, queen, and then back to a jack. Grabbing five more cards, I saw Mikey placing his last two cards. Acting quickly, I landed a three and four on the two in the right deck.

"Damn," Mikey cursed.

"You lose," I said as I placed my five down. "Loser shuffles."

Hearing a low talking just outside of the kitchen, I turned slightly to look. Leo was talking to Master Splinter. He seemed upset, but at the same time seemed to be agreeing with Splinter. Leo seemed to know I was looking at him because he turned and looked at me suddenly.

"Ready?" Mikey made me turn my attention back to him.

Not looking away from where Leo started walking away from Splinter, I got up. "Hold on a moment Mikey."

Leo started moving faster and I jogged after him, rushing past Splinter. I barely caught the glimpse of Leo's leg going up a manhole. He left the cover open and I quickly climbed the ladder to follow him. Sliding the cover over the manhole, I looked around. Leo was going up a fire escape to the rooftop.

"Leonardo," I hissed, climbing up after him. "Where are you going?"

Once I got to the rooftop, I could see Leo starting to jump across the next rooftop. Running up to him before he could jump, I slammed him back.

"Leo!"

"Kyree!" Leo acted surprised, but I knew he had known I had been following him.

"Where are you going?"

Leo looked away from my gaze and walked to the edge of the roof. Sitting down, he motioned for me to take a seat beside him. He grabbed my hands immediately and then sat in silence. When Leo did finally speak it was quiet and cold.

"I can't do this anymore, Kyree."

"What are you talking about?" I tilted my head.

"After seeing you get hurt," Leo looked at my arm which was wrapped in a white bandage, "I can't bear to see you get hurt again."

"I'm not hurt Leo," I tried to reassure him.

Leo shook his head and I thought I saw a tear crawl down his cheek. "You have to leave Kyree."

"W-what?"

"You're in danger living with me and my brothers," Leo pointed out.

"No," I shook my head, gripping his hands tighter, "you guys protect me."

Standing up, Leo looked out across the city. "You're better off without us, Kyree. Shredder won't find you."

"No," I stood up and started walking after Leo. "I'm not!"

As Leo kept walking, I finally grabbed his arm. "You have protected me Leonardo! I haven't haven't taken medication for my anger or anything like that since I met you! What about all those memories together? Those won't just go away Leo!"

"Memories can be forgotten," Leo murmured, closing his eyes.

"Please don't do this," I begged and Leo opened his eyes.

He walked towards me and I started backing up. I pressed up against a chimney and Leo put each of his muscular arms on each side of my shoulders. Leaning close to me, Leo closed his eyes.

"I love you Kyree," he whispered. "But this isn't going to work."

"Leo," I could only say without my voice shaking.

His lips touched mine and I leaned forwards, wrapping my arms around his neck. My tears soaked into his cheeks as we kissed. I wouldn't ever forget his lips or his large, warm hands holding mine at every moment. I wouldn't forget his blue eyes behind his blue mask. I wouldn't forget Leo.

"Goodbye Kyree," Leo whispered, pulling away.

Before I knew it Leo was off the roof and back into the sewers. "Leo," I murmured, still standing on the roof.

My heart was broken.