Chapter 3 : I Remember It All Too Well

A/N: I am not a Sizzie and this is not a Sizzie fic at all. The video is just for context. Thanks! <3

HOPE'S POV
Lizzie looks so cute today. Even when she looks like she would rather die than be here with me and try to scrape a piece of cornbread off the floor.

"Can I help you?' she turns and snaps at me.

"Actually, I can think of a number of things-" I smirk as I slowly bend down to pick up some trash.

"You're ridiculous Mikaelson." she rolls her deep ocean orbs at me.

"And you're ridiculously hot Saltzman. Maybe we belong together?" I grin hopefully.

"Why are you like this? Where is this coming from all of a sudden?" she asks angrily.

My jaw drops and I'm shocked. I thought Lizzie always knew that I had feelings for her. I even broke up with Landon when I realized I didn't really love him.

No, I love blonde hair and deep frowns and mean insults.

I love Lizzie Saltzman.

LIZZIE'S POV

I feel bad. It's been about a minute since Hope has said anything when she usually never shuts up. Have I really hurt her feelings?

I stop picking up pieces of chicken and walk over to the tribrid.

She is just sitting on the floor in silence, staring at something in her hand.

"Ummm, earth to Mikaelson? Are you okay?" I walk up to her at a snail pace, worried she might turn into a wolf and bite me or something.

"This is me." she says.

"What do you mean?" I frown in confusion.

I look at what she's holding. It's a piece of lined paper in a ball.

"You know, I've been through a lot, Lizzie. My parents died and everyone I have ever loved died. It's a curse." she says as tears fill her eyes.

I stay silent. I've never seen Hope this way. So vulnerable. So raw.

"Almost everyday I feel this way. Like a crumpled up piece of paper lying here that was thrown away. Forgotten." she whispers as she quickly wipes her tears.

Wow. I never knew Hope had such a way with words. She's like a poet. I always thought she was tough but it was just an outer shell I guess.

Like a Skittle. Or an M&M. Or an egg. Or a watermelon. Or a Hope Mikaelson....

Sharing like this? She is so brave.

"Do you remember last year when you were with Sebastian?" she asks suddenly, looking at me like we were the only two people in the galaxy.

"Yes, why?" I ask, confused.

"Do you remember when you played quarterback in the football game and you chased after him?"

Of course I remember. That was when I was trying to impress him with my athletic prowess.

"Yes, he told me he thought I was better than that and he couldn't believe I lost the ball."

"Okay, well I was there too! And you didn't even notice me. You were too busy focusing on Mr. London Boy to notice. Touchdown or not, I was there, cheering you on as your #1 fan." she says with loving eyes.

"What? No you weren't, I would have noticed."

"I remember it all too well. Come here." she says with sadness in her voice.