TWO

"There are no facts, only interpretations" — Frederich Nietzsche

═══════════════════════════

                    THE MOMENT ALETHEA CONCLUDED HER SCHEDULED conference, she ran into her assistant.

"Oh! There you are," exclaimed Jan. "You have a call on line one. It's from the FBI."

Alethea's eyes furrowed in confusion. "FBI?"

Jan nodded in excitement. "Yeah, I think they're requesting for a consultation."

Alethea thanked Jan for informing her and made her way to her office. After setting down some files, she answered the phone.

"This is Dr. Alethea Gonzales speaking."

"Hello, I'm Section Chief Mateo Cruz with the Behavioral Analysis Unit," the man introduced. "If I'm correct, you're on the shortlist of consultants for the FBI."

"Yeah, I've assisted in a few cases," Alethea confirmed as she took a seat in her office chair. "How may I help you?"

"A poison gas attack on a city link commuter bus occurred in Los Angeles less than a few minutes ago. We believe that there's a possibility it's connected to the anniversary of another terrorist attack," Cruz informed. "According to a case file dated back to a couple of years ago, you helped out Homeland Security in finding a terrorist. I was hoping you could do the same for us."

"Yeah, of course. You're only a ten-minute drive from my office."

"Great. I'll inform the team."

Right as the call ended, Alethea dialed Jan at the front desk to instruct her to cancel any meetings within the next week due to the consultation. Afterward, Alethea grabbed her duffle bag and headed towards her car, texting her two friends an update.

═══════════════════════════

                    CONVERSATION IN THE BAU BRIEFING ROOM came to a halt as SSA Aaron Hotchner, and Penelope Garcia rushed in.

"Don't get comfortable," Hotch announced. "The plane's waiting for us."

"Ten minutes ago, there was a poison gas attack on a city link commuter bus in Los Angeles. Ten confirmed dead so far."

"Do we know what it was," Tara asked.

Garcia shook her head. "Hazmat just got on the scene."

Everyone began filing out of the room as SSA Derek Morgan began to speak. "Chlorine gas was used recently in Syria. Maybe it's connected."

"It also reminds me of the attack on the Tokyo subway," Spencer began as he followed his teammates. "Religious cult members carried plastic bags of Sarin and punctured them with umbrella tips."