02

Hoseok jumped back onto his tractor and turned it on, the engine roaring into life as he did so

Smiling, he threw a quick look to the side, watching as the figure of a woman slowly got further and further away, disappearing shortly after. The little town he lived in didn't have much happen out of the ordinary; every day was the same.

He would wake up, collect the eggs from his chickens before having breakfast. He would tend to the sheep or cows, alternating the days he did so before finally spending the rest of the day at the strawberry farm.

Afterwards, he travelled around his whole farm on his bicycle, turning the sprinklers on to water the grass, strawberries, corn, and all that his family grew.

It was all a little too mundane, but he loved nothing more than his home.

Today was a little different. He met someone new, sure, he almost ran them over, but it was different.

She was different, she really was.

And maybe it was because he sometimes felt alone in his little corner of the world, or maybe seeing the same people for 26 years made him long for something more, or maybe it was just the way she spoke with so much sincerity, he was intrigued.

Finishing his last lap of the field, he headed back, parking the tractor in the barn before getting on his bicycle and riding home.

His family had owned this large part of the land for as long as the generations went, and it's all he'd known growing up.

Entering his home, he closed his eyes as the aroma of herbs and spices filled the room.

"Mom, I'm home!" he exclaimed excitedly, rushing into the kitchen, "And wow the food smells amazing!"

"Good evening, son," his mother grinned at him as he sat across from her at the bench, "How was your day?"

"Same old, same old," he leaned into the table, resting his chin in his hands, "How was your day? Anything interesting happen at the hospital?"

"Does anything crazy ever happen around here?" she shook her head, "I mean, Uncle Jay accidentally got a nail drilled through his hand, so there's that."

"Oh God, is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's fine," she shrugged, "just will need to keep a cast on for a couple of days. We operated on him and everything so he's fine."

"Who picked up Rosie and Lucy from school then?" he asked, finding his mother click her tongue at him. "What?"

"You worry too much about everyone else, honey."

"Mom, I don't," he got up from the seat and walked around to grab some plates, "So, you didn't answer, is his family okay?"

"Yeah, I picked up his daughters from school and took them home, they're okay."