Chapter 7

Melanie's POV
A week passed by, and soon enough we got into a small schedule. Jasper, who was supportive the entire time, would take me to Carlisle in the morning who would then check on me and write down small notes. Afterwards, we would take a small stroll in nature and have some alone time while hunting - well, he would hunt, and then give it to me. And then he would take me to Bella, her bed basically the sofa, Rosalie keeping guard. Jasper would either sit across from us in an armchair or he would go to the garage and help Emmett with their toys - I mean, their cars.

Although only a week passed, Bella had drastically changed. She looked almost ready to give birth and was very thin. No matter how much we tried to feed her, it kept coming back out.

Even though we're concerned about her state, we're just glad to have the ancient book with us that showed us a bright side. The only downside is that the author never wrote what to do when a human isn't able to eat anything...

While Bella, Rosalie, and I were playing with Junior, a motorcycle could be heard from a distance, sounding louder the closer it got to our home. When I glanced to Jasper who sat across from us in an armchair, he had a stone look on his face, sitting tense and looking to the entrance. Taking a deep inhale in and ignoring Bella's blood, the stench of a wet dog hit my nose. Jacob, I realised. How did he know Bella was back?

"He heard about Bella when Charlie came to visit the Rez," Edward answered in his thoughts, entering the living room with a pained look on his face. Without a word Edward sat on the ground in front of Bella, staring down at the ground with forlornly. Bella ran a hand through his hair, pulling away when she felt him wince. Sadness was in her eyes, though there was no regret from her choice on keeping the baby. Luckily Junior was with us to cheer her up.

With a small sigh, I rubbed my hand on my stomach absently when I realised something. Frowning, I peered down at my stomach that for some reason looked two months. It's only been a week since I announced the news to them, and a week before my stomach was quite flat. Why was it suddenly bigger?

"Hey," Jasper murmured, kneeling on the ground in front of me, waves of worry flowing off of him. He felt my spike of emotions. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay," I whispered, still staring at my stomach. His hand overlapped mine.

"Are you sure?" he insisted. I gave a small nod and weak smile in response, leaning forward to press a loving kiss to his temple that made him smile. We didn't speak further about it as Jacob entered the room with the others, the atmosphere turning very tense.

I wrapped an arm around Bella for support as she hid behind Rosalie's standing form and the quilt her mother gave her. Edward and Jasper remained sitting on the floor in front of their significant others, Edward holding Bella's hand loosely and Jasper sitting between my legs, arms looped around them. Edward was too miserable to glare at Jacob, whereas Jasper eyed him with narrowed eyes, his hold on my legs tightening.

Jacob stared at the two of us confused, going to take a step towards us when Rosalie blocked his way with a snarl. "Keep away, dog!" she hissed, taking a step back towards us. Jacob's face twisted into a grimace, opening his mouth to snap back when Esme interfered.

"Rosalie, behave," she warned.

"It's okay, Rosalie, he can come here," Bella spoke up weakly. Sighing, I rubbed her shoulders comfortingly, sending some soothing emotions to her to help block the pain she's probably feeling. Her relaxed form was an answer to my doing.

Very reluctantly, Rosalie stepped to the side to allow a better view of us for Jacob. He looked between the two of us warily, kneeling in front of us though keeping his distance from our husbands. "Both of you look terrible," he said half-jokingly. "Well, Bella more than you, Mels," Jacob corrected when he saw Jasper send a withering look in his direction. "I only heard that Bella was feeling sick, what happened to you?"