Chapter 12

Melanie's POV
It was the third day. It was the day Bella was to wake up.

We were all in the living room waiting for her to wake up, Edward being the only one in the room with Bella. Jacob stood behind Rosalie who sat in an armchair, cradling Renesmee in her arms. Jasper and I were in a similar position as them, Jasper standing behind me and Junior protectively. No matter how much I assured him, he was still hesitant about Bella's awakening.

And then we heard it.

Bella's last heartbeat.

The only thing heard in the house was the TV playing along with the strange heartbeat of Renesmee. I reached my hand out behind me, Jasper grabbing it comfortingly. Alice and I peered into the future, seeing Bella opening her eyes to reveal crimson red, and Edward and her reuniting. We sighed in relief, telling the others lowly what was happening.

"They went out to hunt," Alice announced, everyone relaxing with small sighs of relief.

"She's okay!" Esme breathed out, looking up at her husband lovingly. Carlisle returned the look, leaning down to press a kiss to her temple. But there was one person who didn't share the same emotions, and he was behind me.

"Jasper..." I called, turning in my seat to look up at him. "She'll be okay..." Jasper's eyes held no clear emotion, clearly stuck in the memories.

"Jasper?" Alice called lightly. "What's wrong?"

"It's just..." I hesitated. "We're a bit cautious of Bella's awakening - Jasper more worried than I. We've only come across savage-like newborns, so..."

"She'll be okay," Carlisle assured the both of us. "She's with Edward. He won't let her do anything."

"She's stronger than him," Jasper replied sternly, ignoring Emmett's small snort of disbelief. I looked into the near future, seeing the reunited couple running, and I smiled slightly at what I saw in the vision.

"He's still faster than her," I commented, impressed. Everyone shared the same look between one another except Jasper. "Such an interesting couple..."

"Says the one that is actually in the most interesting relationship," Emmett snickered. Jasper and I simply rolled our eyes at him.

Eventually, we hear them come back as they talked about the mountain lion Bella hunted, Jacob standing up with a huff as he headed towards the front door. "I'll check on Bella, see if she'll be okay to meet Nessie," he told us.

"Ah," I mock winced, tightening my hold on Junior. "I wonder what her reaction is going to be when you nicknamed her daughter after the loch ness monster."

"Come on, Mels," he whined slightly, looking to be hesitating now on meeting his best friend. I simply smiled at him cheekily, waving him off with my hands.

"Good luck,"

"You're cheeky," for the first time that day, Jasper grinned down at me, leaning briefly to press a kiss to my temple.

"I try," I giggled.

"Wow, you do smell," we heard Bella tell Jacob outside. We all smiled at her comment.

She's definitely a vampire now.

But now, the big and main event was coming.

Bella meeting us all - specifically, Renesmee.

We all headed to the entrance, Jasper standing in front of Junior and me protectively. I smiled over Jasper's shoulder when Bella's eyes and mine connected, happy to see each other alive - well, technically dead, but...you know...