Chapter 4

Melanie's POV

"We'll see you guys soon," I brought Edward and Bella into a hug they happily returned.

"Don't have too much fun," Jasper winked at them, Bella flushing madly while Edward gave a strained chuckle.

"She wants to do it with you and you only," I told the mind reader, "let her have this one thing before you change her."

Edward nodded in agreement, bringing me into another hug. "She married you, at least do this for her," I whispered lowly into his ear. "Everything will be fine, you won't hurt her."

"Got it, thanks," he whispered back, pulling away from the hug. "Make sure everyone is safe while we're gone," he added in his mind. "Look after my niece or nephew." I rolled my eyes at his last comment and shooed the couple to their car. Jasper wrapped an arm around my waist as we waved goodbye to them with the crowd, Bella sticking her head out the window to wave goodbye to us.

"I love you all!" Bella yelled out as they got further away.

"Right back at ya'!" I yelled back, hearing her beautiful laughter drift quieter the longer they drive away from us.

"Come on," Jasper murmured, nodding to the humans. "We gotta say our thanks and goodbyes."

After sending all the guests away with smiles, it was time to clean up the mess. While everyone flitted around to get things done, I decided to take my time, not wanting another repeat of dizziness. Most of them didn't really notice my different pace. All except one.

Esme tilted her head at me curiously, watching as I took my time to clean the tables so the men can stack them away. When Emmett called out jokingly that there was still wine for me to drink, with a small grimace I waved him off with a laugh. "Not this time," I told him, my hand instinctively flying to my stomach. A sign that Esme took as confirmation from what I felt in her emotions.

"Melanie?" Esme came to my side with a wide smile. "Is it okay if I talk to you for a moment alone?"

"Sure," Jasper looked at us from a distance, eyes furrowed in confusion. He paused in carrying a log when he saw us, only continuing his task when I sent him a small smile of assurance.

Esme and I took our time to walk deep into the forest, enjoying the silence between us and just listen to the nature around us. Finally, when we were far away from prying ears, Esme turned to me with a knowing smile. "I'm just going to say it bluntly..." she started, eyes lit up with excitement, "But are you pregnant?" Although I already suspected that this was what we were going to talk about, I still somehow choked on the breath I was inhaling.

"How did you -"

"I actually heard the conversation between you and Alice a few days ago, and during the wedding, you had your hand resting on your stomach whether you were aware of it or not," she listed breezily, "also you are glowing more than usual, and you declined wine when usually in public you would happily take one -"

"Okay, I get it, I get it," I cut her off sheepishly, "I was a bit...obvious."

"Not really, dear," she shook her head sadly, "only mothers can see these symptoms quite fast."

My mind flickered to the small vision I accidentally saw of her human past, how she lost her child which led to her attempted suicide. I gave her a small sad smile, pulling her into a tight hug that she accepted wholeheartedly.

"To be honest, I am a bit nervous for this baby," I murmured into her shoulder, "Jasper and I are happy with Junior, but what if something bad happens during this pregnancy as well? And are we able to handle two babies at once now?"

"Oh, Melanie..." Esme cooed, stroking my hair gently, "of course you can do this. The way you are with Jasper and Junior is proof enough that you will be fine. Besides, you have all of us at your side to help with anything."

"Thanks, Esme," I pressed a loving kiss to her cheek, giving a shaky smile to her.

While walking back to the house, we discussed further my pregnancy. "Alice and Edward know that I'm pregnant, I haven't told Jasper though. I wanted to wait for the proper time."

"Makes sense," she nodded, "We were occupied with the wedding and everything."

"So how does it feel, knowing you are going to be a grandmother for two children now?" I teased lightly. Esme simply beamed, looking to the distance with a fond smile.

"It's going to be amazing," she simply said, arriving at the house. We went our separate ways, Esme going to Carlisle who was relaxing in the living room with a book, myself heading upstairs to Jasper and my room.

Entering the room, I saw Jasper standing at the window, Junior in his arms, simply enjoying the peaceful view. I flitted to his side silently, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Hello," I whispered, pressing a kiss to his shoulder. He gave a small hum in greeting, not wanting to wake Junior up. "How long have you been here?"

"Not a while," he whispered, rocking our child slowly in his arms. "You went somewhere with Esme so I wanted to wait up for you."

"Not like you can sleep anyway," I snorted, Jasper chuckling lowly with me in agreement. "We just wanted to have some girl talk is all." We stayed quiet for a few minutes, simply cherishing the silence in the area.

"How have you been, darlin'?" Jasper suddenly inquired. "It's been a few hectic days concerning the wedding preparations, and having just came back from our honeymoon and all."

"It's been okay," I replied, my mind flicking to our unborn baby. "A wonderful time, really." I leaned up to press a loving kiss to his lips. "I love you so much, I'm glad we found each other."

"I love you too," he said against my lips. "I love you so much, you have no idea."

"I think I do," I giggled, feeling his powerful emotions towards me. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"And I you."