Chapter 2

That evening at dinner, Y/N was oddly quiet. Her mother took a large bite of leftover meatloaf and dabbed her face with a napkin. "So. How was everyone's day?" Nobody said much, so she turned to Y/N. "Y/N, how about you? You go first."

Y/N turned red in the cheeks. "Uh...I'd rather not talk about my day."

"Why not?" her mom asked.

"Did Sean reject you?" Y/N's little brother, Micah asked.

"Shut up you dumb spinach," Y/N muttered with a glare.

"Hey, no name calling!" their mom shouted at them.

"So," Y/N's dad said with a smirk. "Who's Sean?"

"He's the hot guy that Y/N likes!"

Y/N jumped up from her seat. "That's not true! I said shut up, a-hole!"

"Do not call your brother that, young lady!" her mom shouted.

Y/N stood up. "Whatever! This family is stupid."

She left the table and went upstairs to her room. Opening up her phone, she shot a quick text to her best friend.

Me: Hey Jane, can I stay the night?

It only took Jane a few seconds to reply.

Bestie 💜: Yh ofc. Y? Evrythng ok?

Me: Yep. Just wanted to hang out haha.

Bestie 💜: Oh aight.

Y/N sighed and walked over to her closet. She reached up to her top shelf and pulled down a small suitcase. Grabbing some clothes, she shoved them into the small area. Then she took some shoes and her makeup bag and placed it on top of the clothes. After zipping up the bag, she sat on the floor with a groan. Her parents weren't going to be happy about this. But maybe she would find someone cute while she was gone.

"Y/N!" her mom shouted. "Come downstairs please!"

Well, she thought. Better late then never.

She grabbed her bag and walked towards the door. Something sharp poked the bottom of her foot.  Growling, she lifted up her foot. A small Buzz toy lay on the floor, smiling creepily at her.

She bent down to pick it up. "Stupid Buzz Lightyear," she muttered. "Why can't my brother just keep his toys in his own room?"

Sighing, Y/N tossed the little Buzz onto her bed, then left the room, still hoping she would find someone to love her.