Chapter 3

Just as Y/N reached the front door hoping to have avoided her calling mother, her parents stopped her. “And where do you think you’re going, young lady?”
Y/N paused, startled by her parents’ sudden appearance. “Um...I’m just stepping outside for a few minutes.?”
Her dad looked at her bag. “With luggage?”
She rolled her eyes. “Okay, fine. I’m going to Jane’s house. Don’t even think about stopping me.”
Y/N’s mom glared. “You know we can ground you, right? Go inside or no friends for a week. And don’t talk to us with that kind of attitude ever again.”
Y/N rolled her eyes. “Ugh. Fine.” She stomped upstairs and through her bag onto her bed. “They’re so stupid,” she grumbled to herself and looked at her phone.
Me: I cant go over to ur house. Sorry.
Y/N got out her journal and began jotting down all the words she wasn’t allowed to say in front of her parents.
Her phone dinged and she hurried and looked at the text.
Bestie: awww that’s too bad. Ill let my parents kno that ur not coming.
There was another ding.
Bestie: u wouldve got to meet my bf too...cuz me and him are hanging out ;)
Y/N became furious.
Me: yeah, well im hanging out with my new boyfriend. Thats why i cant come over.
Bestie: u have a bf??? Since when???
Me: since i went to the library after school. G2g.
She turned her phone off and threw it across the room, hoping it didn’t break. What am I going to do? She thought. Jane is gonna want to meet him, but I won’t have anyone to show her.
She turned her head toward her window, and saw a single star, shining in the sky. “A wishing star…” She crawled closer to the window and rested her elbows on the window sill, clasping her hands together.
Y/N took a deep breath and shut her eyes. “I wish for a boyfriend. But not just any boyfriend. He has to be the perfect boyfriend. And he especially has to be better than Jane’s boyfriend.”
She opened her eyes, and the star got a little brighter, then dimmed.
“Y/N! Please come here!”
"Coming!"
After she talked to her mom about school and stuff, Y/N hurried back upstairs to go back to her room. Pain shot through her foot and she screamed. She looked at the floor and saw that she had stepped on her brother's Buzz Lightyear action figure. She picked it up. "Micah! Stop leaving your stupid toys out!" She threw it in his room and stormed into her room. She got in bed, and immediately fell asleep.