💎[-1-] I like you.💛

It was late at night and Josuke was up late again. He was up playing video games and thinking. Summer vacation had finally started up and he didn't have a lot of plans for it. He really didn't mind if he did, all he wanted to do was be with Okuyasu. Okuyasu was his best friend that Josuke could ever ask for. Okuyasu wasn't the brightest person but he was a nice person to hang out with. Josuke smiled at the thought of his friend. He was in love with Okuyasu.

Josuke pauses his game and glances at his digital clock. 11:47. 'I wonder if Oku is awake. Probably, but maybe I shouldn't bother him. It's already so late.'

Even so, Josuke looked back at the paused screen and suddenly didn't want to play anymore. He turns off the game and notices his CD's. They were collected in a shoebox and weren't really organized in any order. Few of which, Josuke had a few burned CD's from when he and Okuyasu had put their favorite songs into and made 2 CD's off, one for each. Okuyasu's favorite songs became Josuke's favorite. Those very songs remind him of his friend.

He takes out that CD and places it in the CD player. The songs playing softly, breaking the silence in Josuke's room. The songs don't play just audio, they carry memories. The times they spent together. Like the time Okuyasu came over and they prank called people and the time they walked all over town at 3 am. Just to get ice cream and soda.

He grins at the flashbacks. Almost crying, remembering how happy they were. Yet, He walks over and turns off the player and goes to sleep.

---------------

Okuyasu wakes up earlier than usual. It was 6 in the morning, the sunrise finally cracking open. He didn't want to go back to sleep. He yawned and stretched. He gets out of bed and check's on his father.

'Dad.... Keicho...' Okuyasu misses his father badly. He couldn't blame Keicho for what he did. Keicho wanted to try to find a way to fix their father but only to result in his death. Okuyasu misses his brother too, even though he told Okuyasu he was only an obstacle in his path right before he died. One thing was clear, this house had way too many bad memories for him.

His dad was still asleep. Okuyasu smiled. 'I hope we can still fix you' He gets dressed in actual clothes, which is a tank top and sweatpants.

He walks over to Josuke's house and knocks on his door. It was answered by Tomoko. "Are you here to see Josuke?" Okuyasu nodded. She smiles. "Come in. Stay for breakfast if you want."

"Thank you, Miss Higashikata." He replies as he goes up to Josuke's room. He knocks on the door and see's Josuke doing his hair. "Hey Oku. I didn't know you were coming today."

"I'm here now so, what do you want to do today?" Okuyasu asked Josuke.

"I want to go on a walk today, maybe we can go to the beach. "

"Sound's good with me."

They both soon head out, telling Tomoko where they going. She was fine with it as long as they came back before dark. They get to the park and Okuyasu had noticed Josuke was quieter than normal.

"Dude, you ok?"

"Yeah." His face was flushed.

"If something is wrong you know you can tell me right?"

Josuke nodded. "It's just maybe I should say something or not."

"Tell me."

Josuke sighs. "I like you."

"Huh? Like a friend?"

"No. More than a friend."

Okuyasu had stopped and pulled him closer, holding him by his arm and gave him a peck on his lip's. "I love you too, bro."