💎[-2-] Be my Valentine!💛

It was almost Valentine's day and Josuke still hadn't thought of what to get Okuyasu. He loved Okuyasu. He was his best friend. However, Josuke was feeling different around him, not badly in any way, but deeper than they ever had. His heart would skip a beat when he saw him and would tug in all directions whenever he interacted with him.

He didn't know what it was. At first, he had figured he was sick. However, After a week, he realized it was love. He tried to deny his feelings, but yet, he couldn't get over it.

Valentine's day was tomorrow and he wanted to confess. No, He had too. He gave himself the deadline and tried to sleep.

The next morning was chilly but bearable with a jacket and scarf. Okuyasu was excited and curious if he had a secret lover, Josuke laughed it off and internally hoped to god he didn't. He hoped he didn't have to fight off some poor girl for him.

[ time skip ]

It was after school hours. The part he hoped and dreaded. Would he think less of me? He didn't know and could only hope for the best.

"I didn't get a single letter." He was greatly disappointed. Whereas Josuke has received quite a few. Deep down, Josuke was quite relieved. He didn't care for the letters. They were all pointless to him since he was in love with Okuyasu but were still grateful.

"Hey Okuyasu, wanna come over to my house? Maybe play some video games?"

"Sure. But don't you have some date with a girl?"

"I would rather hang out with you than some girl." Josuke laughed. Trying to cheer his friend up.

"Alright."

They walked inside to see Josukes loving home. His home holds good memories, unlike Okuyasu's. It holds terrible nightmares that he still hasn't mentally recovered from. His dad... his brother, oh god his brother!

They go up to his room and start up a Nintendo 64. Smash as their favorite game even though Josuke has gotten angry so many times, nearly hurting Oku, but has good memories.

"Hey Okuyasu, are you ok?"

"What do you mean, Josuke?"

"You're not bummed out over not getting a letter are you?"

"Oh that, Yeah a little, mostly jealous but it's ok. I mean, I have my best friend with me. You're all that matters to me." He smiled.

"Haha, Okuyasu." He paused with a slight blush on his cheeks. "I like you."

"Ha. I like you too. You're my friend."

Of course, he didn't get it. "No I mean, I like, like you." He grabbed his hand and couldn't bring himself to look to him in the eye. "I love you. I want to go out on dates and hang out more... " Josuke was a blushing mess. He couldn't help it.

"J-Josuke" Of course Okuyasu's face was red. He smiled and squeezed his hand. "I do too. I love you, Josuke."

Josuke's heart skipped a beat. He never did think he would say that. Suddenly Okuyasu leaned in and kissed him, Josuke was surprised and leaned back.

"Okuyasu, at least tell me."

"Did you not enjoy it?"

"Well, I did, but you did shock me" He nervously laughed.

They spent the afternoon with cuddles and games. It was a good day... 

"Happy valentine's day Okuyasu. I love you."

"You too, Josuke."