Chapter 3

The streaks of sunlight appeared through the trees and penetrated my window. I slowly and reluctantly uncovered my face from the soft sheets that were covering my body. A random flow of thoughts of my mate flooded my mind. My eyes were still closed, not wanting to open them to the reality of life. today was the day I would possibly meet my mate. For the last few seconds I soaked the warmth of my sheets in and opened my green eyes to see the rays of the sun. I pulled my legs out of the covers and dangled them over the chocolate hardwood floor. I grabbed Bellamy's white button up shirt that he had left last night and put it on over my black bra and panties. walking over to the window, I saw our pack eating breakfast on the picnic tables.

"Your the most Dominant Luna I know Soph and you will make us proud." I heard my mother's voice behind me, she came to the window and stood beside me.

"Mom, do you think my mate is out there searching for me?"

"I do, and if he wasn't he would be a damn fool, Why do you worry so much? I thought you wouldn't let a man own you."

"I want to be wanted mom, I don't want to be owned, but at least wanted. I want to run from him and tease him, I want it to be interesting but I don't want to give into him immediately." She smiled and nodded her head and walked out of the room.

I walked outside meeting Cohan on the training field. I couldn't help but think of my mate, how could he be so selfish, so arrogant to not come find me? to not give me the chance to meet him. was he an alpha or was he the lowest of the pack? Was he ashamed?

"You're thinking really hard Soph.. are you ready?" he smirked and waited for my approval.

"of course i'm ready if my mate shows up tonight I want to be able to kick his ass for not finding me sooner." Cohan laughed "Is that really what you're worried about? he'll come soph give it time."

Cohan tackled me to the ground "You can't lose sight of what's important, keep your eye on your opponent soph." I wrapped my legs around him and flipped him on his back, "Don;t underestimate me Cohan." he laughed "You still got it Soph, fast reflexes and movements."

"Of course I do, what kind of leader would I be if I didn't." I laughed and got up and walked to the creek. I can't let a mate get in between my pack and I. It could ruin my dominance.

I saw Salenna and Cassie talking to Bellamy, of course he was giving them attention, he was a player, he would be like that until Octavia gave herself to him. Please let my mate find me tonight so I don't have to see this bullshit anymore

''We have a few hours before the Moon party, ready to start setting things up?" Cohan helped me up and we started hanging up lights and placing tables. It was silent. Cohan gave me time to think, he knew I was in deep thought.

I'm sorry this chapter may be a little rushed and short. Will Sophie's Mate come for her in the next chapter?

let me know what you guys think!