Chapter 3

Cas and Dean turned the corner and Dean raised his hands up, "So this is it!" Cas laughed, "Yep, in all its run-down-brick-building glory." Cas reached his hand for the door handle when Dean pawed at his hand, "Nuh-Uh." He flicked his cigarette onto the ground, smashing it with his boot, "I should follow you in, considering I've been here only a handful of times, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna hold the door for you." Cas blushed brightly and gave Dean an annoyed but amused glare, "Why thank you Dean Winchester." Cas watched as Dean held the door and he stepped through, the

Dean followed close on Cas' heels as they walked in. Cas sat at the booth in the way back by the window. He was settling into the awkward atmosphere of Dean's presence, when he heard a shrill squeak of delight, "Why if it ain't Dean Winchester!" Cas turned his head and saw Jess walking over, her hips swaying with her quick strides.

Dean stood up and wrapped his arms around Jess's waist, picking her up and spinning her around. When Dean set her down, Cas saw an elderly couple glaring at the two before him conversing loudly. Cas smiled and gave an apologetic smile, and they turned back around, obviously still annoyed.

Cas smiled at Jess as she turned to him, "And my, my. Im not surprised to see you here again. don't you have a life, Cas?" Jess smirked and winked at him. Cas playfully shoved at her shoulder, "Sounds boring!" Jess pulled out her pen holding up her hair in a bun, her golden curly locks falling down across her back, "So, the usual, Cas?" Cas nodded, knitting his fingers together across his lap, "And, what about you Dean?" Dean slouched in his seat, arms behind his head and he stretched his feet under the table to rest on the opposite booth seat, "Coffee, Black" Jess rolled her eyes, "Booooring." She winked at Cas before walking away.

Dean situated his feet so they were crossed. Cas glanced down at the scuffed up boots that were touching his hip lightly, "Got that whole bad boy thing goin' don't'cha?" Cas turned back to Dean, laughing. Dean smirked playfully and put his feet in Cas' lap, making Cas' face burn, "Ya' like it?"

Dean winked at Cas before Jess walked back, two mugs in one hand and a bagel wrapped in a napkin in the other, "Heeere ya' go, boys!" Jess set down the mugs and handed Cas his bagel, flashing him a friendly smile.

Dean pulled both mugs toward him and inspected each one, sliding the other towards Cas when he found the one he ordered. Dean looked up at Jess and smirked as she poked him in the shoulder, "This one's a good one, Cas." Dean's face flushed before he turned to smile at Cas.

Cas was confused when Dean pulled his feet back off of Cas' lap and he started to stutter, "S-so, Cas. Uhh, what do you do for work?" Cas was going to tell Dean she was just joking, but he saw that Dean obviously changed the subject, "Uh, actually" Cas laughed, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "I go to College. Not necessarily a job, but ya' gotta take it just as serious though."

Dean smirked, "You told me you had a job on that subway." Dean lifted an eyebrow playfully. Cas rolled his eyes, "Just because your attractive doesn't mean I'm gonna tell my whole story to a man I just met." Cas realized what he said and he froze beige shaking his head slightly. Fuck fuck fuck what the hell is wrong with you. get it together, Cas.

Dean looked down at his coffee, stirred his finger in it, and then sucked it. Cas licked his lips and felt his pants get hot. Did Dean know Cas liked guys or something? Dean looked up and gave Cas a big toothy grin. Fuck. He knows.

Cas straightened his posture and pulled at the collar of his shirt, "So, you got a girlfriend?" Cas was scolding himself on the terrible subject. He took a sip of his coffee, "Actually, no." Cas nodded, swishing the coffee in his mouth, "I like guys." Cas choked on his coffee and coughed, coffee spilling all over his already-not-clean pants and his white dress shirt.

Dean, wide-eyed, laughed and pulled out a stack of napkins, sliding out of his booth seat to help Cas. "Dammit Cas. That's a white shirt!" Dean scolded Cas like his own mother, "I-I just.. uhh.." Cas froze as Dean used a napkin to pat Cas' lap dry, his hand traveling up towards his chest. Cas gasped and heard Dean suppress a laugh. When Dean started to pat Cas' stomach, Dean stopped, "Well, I'll be damned."