Chapter 1

Kali and the twins were at Jim Dear and Darling's house, visiting Lady, Tramp, and their new puppies. 

The four little puppies were now starting to walk, and they were just starting to talk as well. The pups had also been named, Collette, Annette, Danielle, and Scamp, the only boy, who took mostly after his dad. 

"Awww" the twins cooed, while they were having fun playing with the puppies. 

"They're all so beautiful" Ann mentioned as she was playing with Collette, Annette and Danielle. 

"Just like their mom" Kali then turned, smiling at Lady. And the cocker spaniel smiled back at her human friend. 

Brock was then interrupted when he felt something tugging on his foot. He turned around to see the mischievous little Scamp was chewing on his loose shoelace. 

"And feisty, too" Brock mentioned about the pups, specifically Scamp. 

The dogs and human kids all laughed and smiled as they were having a good time enjoying each others company.

Well, all except for one former stray mutt.... 

Kali turned over towards the end of the living room and noticed Tramp sitting by himself, seeming kinda distant with his head down.

"Hey, Tramp!" Kali said, coming over to the once stray schnauzer dog. "What's wrong?" 

"Oh, nothing," Tramp replied, as he looked up to the tomboy.

"It's just.... What if I was still on the streets right now? Would life still be the same for everybody else?" The former street dog started asking all these questions.

"Tramp?..." The rest of the gang soon came over and were all confused to why the mutt was asking all these strange questions all of a sudden. Especially Lady. 

But it was no surprise that everyone knew Tramp was still having a bit of trouble adjusting to his new life as a family man and house pet. Just the other day, he had gotten in trouble for tracking mud into the house. And another time getting caught for chewing on Jim Dear's slippers. But who could blame the poor guy, this was all still so new to him. 

"I just..." Tramp started, but hesitated to continue. "Wonder sometimes what it'd be like if I was still a street dog..."

"Was all this really worth it?" he then questioned, referring about his new life with Lady and their puppies.  

This made the twins and Kali gasp out of shock and surprise. Was the Tramp really thinking he wish he would've been a street dog than a house pet with a family. 

"Tramp," Lady said gently, coming up to nuzzle against her mate. "You have a beautiful home, with me, and Jim Dear, and Darling, and Junior, and the pups..."

"And, you have the greatest friends in the whole wide world!" the Harpercop twins added, referring to themselves and Kali. Plus Jock and Trusty give or take. 

"I know, Pidge," Tramp sighed to his mate, then to his human friends. "But..."

"I just wish I could have one more day to live the life of a real street dog" he said. 

Lady frowned at her mate for having said that. 

All of this street dog talk though had suddenly given Kali an idea, as a light bulb went off in her head. 

"Say, have I ever told you about the story of my grandparents' dog, Benji?" The tomboy asked Lady and Tramp. 

"No," Lady shook her head at Kali, baffled. "I don't believe you have"