Chapter 2

The two dogs started their walk through town, getting to know each other better while Tramp followed Benji. The schnauzer may not have known where this would be going but he had a strong sense it would be interesting. 

First, Benji showed Tramp to an old lady's house where they got to chase her cat. 

"That was fun" Tramp thought to himself, smiling a bit. 

The former stray had to admit he did miss chasing things like chickens, and especially cats. But now since he was a house pet he was forbidden to do any of that. Tramp grew excited, eagerly wanting to do more street stuff with Benji. 

Next, Benji introduced Tramp to all of his neighborly friends. Their was Police Officer Tuttle and a elderly meat cafe owner named Bill, who gave the dogs some bones as payment. 

"Wow. You sure have a lot of friends" Tramp said to Benji, remembering all of his own neighborly friends back home. Specifically Tony and Joe.  

It's true Benji had many friends and went by a different name by each of them. 

Benji then took Tramp down to the park to raid the trashcans. 

Tramp let out a big deep sigh of happiness. He had never felt so happy and free, enjoying every minute of this. Even with everyone in town seeing the schnauzer have no collar. He felt like a real street dog again. 

Benji and Tramp continued digging through the trash for food when Tramp lifted his head up and looked at Benji. 

"So..." Tramp started, trying to make conversation. "Is this what it's like for you?" he asked the scruffy little stray. 

"Everyday" Benji replied, saying how this was his routine. 

Tramp just stared at the poor scruffy little stray dog. He knew what it was like. Sure, being a stray was fun and all but it still had it's difficulties. Like wondering if you were going to eat today, or if you were going to sleep with a roof over your head tonight. 

"So, uh... Where to now?" Tramp soon asked Benji. 

"Oh, right!" The little scruffy dog perked his head up. "Come on, I'll show you my secret hideout" 

Benji continued on his route while Tramp followed him all the way to the outskirts of town. 

Tramp sighed, feeling like he was living the dream. "Man, how I've missed this"

Tramp then stopped in his tracks as he looked up in awe to see an old abandon house right in front of him. 

"Come on" Benji turned back to Tramp before leading him up to the roof. 

Tramp followed Benji up to the roof and inside through a broken window. Benji showed Tramp around his home. The place was covered in dust and cobwebs. 

Benji then led Tramp downstairs where they settled down underneath a table to eat their bones. 

"I say this a real nice place you got here, Benji" Tramp told the scruffy stray while munching on his bone. 

"Thanks" Benji said to the slightly bigger dog before continuing to chew on his bone. 

Tramp looked at Benji in silence thinking of something for quite a bit before finally asking the scruffy stray. 

"So, do you enjoy all of this? I mean, you living on the streets?" Tramp asked. 

Benji stopped chewing on his bone for a moment to look at Tramp, replying. "It's okay... But I really wish I could live with Paul and Cindy. I love those kids more than anything"