oh my god can i please cuddle you

you knew that as soon as it hit 9:45 and there was still no sign or sound from preston, he had shut his alarms off the night before or overslept them. oversleeping them was more than understandable, he's been streaming and recording for most of the week with few breaks to eat or sleep.

unsure whether or not to check on him, you currently stood in front of his closed door, leaning against the wall. upon hearing mumbling, albeit faint and barely audible, you decided to throw all concerns and worries about disturbing him out the window, and gently opened his bedroom door.

he was laying on his stomach, arms tucked up under his pillow. he faced away from you, so you couldn't see if he was actually awake or not. you leaned against his fully open door just... admiring him for a little bit.

yeah, you had a minor crush on your best friend. okay, a huge crush. you just didn't want to mention anything in case he didn't feel the same, you didn't want to lose him and the close bond you two had developed.

in the midst of your spacing, you didn't notice preston slightly moving as he went from a deep sleep to a lighter sleep. your trance was broken as soon as he yawned.

you watched nervously as he turned onto his side, facing your direction. he jolted up, the blanket falling down over his lap. he looked surprised and stressed, dark half circles under his eyes.

"y/n?" he asked blearily, voice hoarse and honestly mildly attractive.

"sorry, i came in to check on you when i hadn't seen you after the usual time your alarm rings." you apologized.

it took you a second before you realized you were looking him in the eyes as you spoke. you had been looking at his terrible case of bedhead, which was so fucking cute you were blushing and trying not to smile.

"sorry if that stressed you, i'm just so exhausted." he yawned again, closing his eyes after looking you up and down once.

just as you moved to close the door, he stretched his arms out and made grabby hands as he laid back down on his side.

"come cuddle." he whined, scooting over a little bit to make room.

you almost didn't believe he was being serious. but, not wanting to deny the sleep and touch starved youtuber, you carefully close his door behind you and crawl into the bed. preston barely gave you time to get comfortable before he was pulling you into his arms, close to his chest. 

"sit up for a second." you whisper.

he lifts his head for a second and you prop your arm up on the pillow, to which preston immediately used as a headrest. you started combing your fingers through his hair in an attempt to tame the bedhead, but it didn't work. your other arm was draped across his waist, holding him as tight as he was holding you. it didn't take long for him to fall asleep, you following soon after; content, warm, and happy.