Writerlove72 #1 (Me)

As I looked at my notes, I realized I didn't have much left. But I remembered an idea I had from earlier, so I wrote it down next to my username. "This is going to be interesting."

After a while, Hiccup and Astrid returned and sat down. "What happened?"

"He said it was a dare. It's all good," Astrid said.

Ugh, really?! He had to lie to her about it! He's that insecure, huh?

"But what about the truth you told us after he kissed you?" I asked.

"That was a dare. It's not true," she said, but winked at me. I smiled, realizing she wanted it kept secret. 

I turned and gestured for Snotlout to come over. I was going to give Hiccup the dare, but he would easily decline and drink the Yaknog as punishment.

"Snotlout, I got a dare for you."

"A DARE?! Woohoo!" he shouted excitedly. 

"Calm down, Snotlout. Now, I dare you to tell Astrid how you feel about her Yaknog," I explained, smiling mischievously.

Snotlout's face fell. "What?! No, I can't! Have you seen her when she gets angry?"

"Well then, If you don't want to, you have to drink it. It's the rules," I explained once more.

At this, Snotlout groaned. "I can't do that! She'll knock my teeth out! Again!" 

"Then you'll have to drink it."

Snotlout gulped and prepared for the worst, as he remembered the first time he tried it. "Fine. She's been angry at me several times before- what's the difference? I'll do the dare."

"Great!" I exclaimed happily.

"Astrid," Snotlout began, turning to the blonde Viking. "Your Yaknog is disgusting! It makes me want to puke!" he exclaimed, putting every ounce of emotion he had about it into the sentence.

Everyone  gasped, surprised. No one expected that. Yes, they all shared the same opinion (except Astrid), but no one expected anyone would say it. Ever.

"What?!?" Astrid exclaimed, confused and also mad.

"Your Yaknog sucks!" He repeated again, knowing good and well that he might get it later.

"Oh no, he said it," Fishlegs whimpered, fiddling with his fingers in paranoia.

"Oh, finally someone tells her!" Ruffnut exclaimed. "I mean, I never wanted to tell her, but at least she knows now. Astrid, your Yaknog is like he says- disgusting."

"Absolutely terrifying. It makes me want to puke," Tuffnut added.

"Yeah, well I actually did throw up when I had it for the first time," Snotlout said.

Crossing her arms, angry Astrid looked at Hiccup next to her. "Do you hate it, too?"

Hiccup scratched his neck nervously, about to answer, but before he could, she already figured it out.

"You do. You hate it too. All of you do," she muttered in a bitter tone. "Why didn't you just tell me instead of sucking it up for the past three years?"

"Well, we uh..." Fishlegs started.

"We didn't want to hurt your feelings," Hiccup admitted nervously.

"Well, telling me now is a lot worse than telling me then," she said. "Why don't you like it?"

Everyone was speechless. They stared at each other for a minute, avoiding Astrid's glare before anyone spoke.

"Well," Hiccup started nervously, "I guess it just tastes like yaks, and no one here likes yaks."

"It's called "Yaknog"," Astrid pointed out.

"Good point," Hiccup agreed.

"It tastes like a yak threw up in it, and that's it's been in the archipelago for hundreds of years before anyone had it," Snotlout explained.

Astrid scoffed and stood up. "Fine. I won't make it again. Ever." She looked at me. "But you can still keep it as your punishment." After saying that, she left the room for her hut.

The room was quiet for a moment before Hiccup broke the silence. "So, now my relationship- all of our friendships with her- is ruined. Thank you for the wonderful dare, Sarah," Hiccup muttered.

I sighed. "She's just a little upset. Don't worry. She'll come around," I reassured.

"How do you know that? She's Astrid."

"Well, yes, she will probably be grumpy for the next 24 hours, but she'll come back to you. You guys are her family, and one she can't walk away from. Why don't you talk to her?"

Hiccup nodded solemnly, and walked out the clubhouse to Astrid's hut.

I sighed and prepared for my next dare, and opened up my notebook.

~~~