| 2 |

▬▬ two; the unread letters⋆

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

IF HER LACK OF FOOD AND SLEEP WOULDN'T KILL HER, THEN THIS LONELINESS DEFINITELY WOULD. Every morning she woke up hoping that it had all been a nightmare, but the house was still empty and quiet every day she walked out of her bedroom. She didn't dare to move anything because it would remove the only things left that remained the same after everything that had gone down the past months.

Days turned into weeks and all Lauren could do was sit on the floor listening to the radio to distract her mind from thinking. At some point, her sanity was chased away by her broken heart and now she was trapped in a daydream. A daydream where he was alive, a daydream where the flowers in front of her house was alive, a daydream where Lauren didn't seek for answers to what was happening to her. As she forgot what reality really felt like she found herself able to continue her life.

August 13 said the calendar on the fridge when Lauren made a cup of tea in the morning. Outside the windows, the wind was harsh and leaves had already begun falling with the rain. But the bad weather didn't bring her mood down the slightest, she peacefully walked around the house and whipped away all the dust and added another dirty cup to the tall pile in the kitchen. 

She sat down in one of the twin armchairs and looked out the window. The sun wasn't visible but the one cloud much brighter than the others (that were almost black) was hiding it. It disappointed her that the weather was so bad but even if it had been a clear day she wouldn't even have opened a window. 

The taste of flower still lingered in her mouth and it healed her aching head like medicine. A few cars passed her house twice a day, but they had never drove up her driveway until now. 

"Someone's here," her brother said and walked away from the window and sat down in at the bottom of the staircase. Not long after, a quiet knock followed by a louder was placed on the red-painted front door. She wasn't planning on open it until Cedric advised her to.

The door slowly slid opened and the short girl came face to face with her three best friends. Glancing behind them, into the driveway, she saw the light blue car that they named 'Flying Invisible' when they had borrowed it from Mr. Weasley a few years back.

"Hi, Lauren," they all said in unison.

She smiled with furrowed eyebrows, "hello."

From the staircase, her brother cleared his throat and said, "let them in Lauren, they're your friends."

Surprised they didn't hear him she said after the long silence, "come on in. Make yourself at home."

The three friends stepped further into the house. The boys settled down on the couch while Hermione observed the quiet home of the Diggory family. Lauren took her seat in the armchair again and didn't mind having red-head take a look around.