| 17 |

▬▬ seventeen; the owls

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:. 

WAKING UP NEXT TO DRACO WAS THE CLOSURE SHE NEEDED. His arms were still wrapped around her from last night, and she laid almost entirely on top of him. At one point, she was afraid she'd be too heavy for him—but he had muttered in his sleep and brought her back into him with a satisfied smile. 

He looked so peaceful when he let down his guard like this, of course, it's cliché but she liked that side of him more. Lauren felt giggly inside, just like any other teenage girl would in the arms of their crush. Every gray cloud was washed away by the wind as soon as his lips had collided with hers last night. She didn't worry about the owl's, she didn't overthink anything, she wasn't scared of anything, everything was just so peaceful.

But all mornings end and the realization of the important tests today rushed her up from the carpet. The boy flew up with fearful eyes before he saw the girl rush around to find her pants and then tied her hair up in a new bun.

When she caught him just smiling at her she frowned, "Come on, get up! We have to sneak back before anyone notices us gone."

"Relax, Diggory," he said and got up to hug her. He had to crouch down much to be able to rest his head on her head. "It's probably really early, the sun's barely up. We'll be fine."

But they weren't. Sure, the halls were still empty but when Lauren walked into the girl's chambers Hermione Granger already had a book in her face. She looked at the girl coming in and then at the clock, and then back at her best friend.

"And where have you been all night? The clock's four-thirty!"

When the book was slammed shut Lauren flinched and held back a smirk before sitting down in her bed. 

"I was. . . I couldn't sleep."

"Why you so smiley then?"

"I'm just in a good mood, I guess," Lauren shrugged, Hermione did not believe her excuses. But the smart girl didn't need the truth to know what probably had happened, so she smiled and returned to her studying. . . at four-thirty in the morning.

The Great Hall was now a master classroom. Dolores Umbridge sat where the Professor table used to stand, and next to her was a blackboard presenting what the OWL's are about. It was so quiet that you could hear pencils write on paper, and Umbridge sipping on her tea, and the shy student who's breathing way too quickly and loudly. 

Lauren sat dumbfounded in her seat, not only had she been late because she was caught up with Draco, but she hadn't studied one single page in the last months. Guess she was busy trying to push Voldemort out of her head and ignore the fact that he might. . . She has to focus, but looking at the text in front of her eyes everything just blurred out and letters replaced each other until they formed non-existent words.