Prove

I'm sorry, but it's such a busy time at the moment. There's a lot to do. I'm really-really sorry.

It's a short one, but hopefully I'll be able to post longer chapter during the holidays. Until then, they will be shorter.

But I hope you stll enjoy reading this story.

Chapter 18 - Prove

It’s been over a week since our date, and pretty much every night has ended up in a make-out session. One time it got out of hand. I was in the shower. There were other guys occupying the room, talking loudly as they shaved in front of the mirror, and those who were taking a shower, joined the conversation, but had to yell, because of the water running. They all left the bathroom, eventually, and I remained.

Then I heard a click and suddenly the curtain was pushed aside. “Dude!” I yelled and tried to cover myself. There was a familiar chuckle. “Fucking Anton, you moron!” I leaned against the stall, holding the curtain against my body.

“What? I’m taking a shower,” he explained and put his shower gel bottle next to mine.

“There are other stalls you can conquer!” I said, shaking my head. “You are completely out of your mind! We are most definitely not going to take a shower together!”

He raised his eyebrow at me and I gently pushed him away.

“Oh, okay,” he finally said. “I guess it’s too soon. You know I love you anyways!” He went to the stall next to mine and I let out a breath. I straightened the curtain, and stepped under the stream. “I think I left my shower gel at your place!” I laughed.

I took it, reached my hand out in his stall, and he took the bottle gently from my fingers. “It’s almost like we’re showering together,” he said with a teasing voice, and I bit my lip.

Things have never been this good.

Today is Friday, and we’re supposed to gather at Jocelyn’s later. We want to continue our healing process - tell and forgive, but don’t forget. Also, Emma is worried that Lorcan has done something, again. She said Jocelyn had acted weird around her yesterday. Whatever it is, we are her guardians.

Also, we are planning to go to town. It’s not yet settled if it will be on Saturday or Sunday, or maybe next week, but we’d like to go.

It’s partly because Anton wants to buy a present for Piper that he could send to her. He really misses her. I kind of miss her, too. And that makes me miss Lilly and mom. But we’re too far apart. I don’t even know when I’m going to see them.

I’m glad when the teacher wishes us a good week end and finishes five minutes before the right time. Our assignment is to write an essay on myths. But he wants it to be creative. So I’m creating my own myth. I don’t know yet what it will be, but I hope to have inspiration over the week end.

I meet up with Anton in the cafeteria. Emma is absent. There is a chance she has already left for Jocelyn’s or is still in class. I don’t know.

It is quiet in the cafeteria, because a lot of the students have left for town or for home. They all want to party elsewhere, so no one can blame them, no can track them. But if someone wants to find out who is partying, they can. There aren’t many places in town where you can feel free, or so I’ve heard anyways.

We have lunch, and then go to the dormitory and Anton falls on his bed, tired. He said he has to read a book during the week end; a book which he is not interested in at all, which he tried to read during the week, but then put away for good.  At one point he wanted to throw it against the wall, but then felt bad, because books need to be respected.