Chapter Five~

~~Lavi's P.O.V~~

I walked down through the white-tiled hallways, still slightly dazed. I could still feel Carlie's warm lips pressed against my cheek ever so softly. I stopped shortly and shook my head violently like I was trying to shake the memory out of my mind. Remember what Allen said. I told myself mentally. Carlie is off limits!

The thought of not having her made me slightly sad. I mean come on, related to Kanda or not, she was still hot as hell. At least I knew now that Kanda didn't have a crush on her. Allen told me the story of how they were "siblings". But how come he felt sorry for her all those years ago but on our missions he was a heartless, I-don't-care-about-anybody's-feelings, kinda person? Why was Carlie different?

I shrugged and decided to leave it alone as I arrived at my room. I took off my coat, my shirt, boots, bandana, and eyepatch and crawled under the covers.

"So Carlie gets to meet Chief Komui tomorrow." I murmured quietly to myself and chuckled.

"That should be interesting."

------------------------------

I woke up to sounds of giggles and shushing. I felt something, wrong, with my face and bolted up in bed.

"Shit! Allen you woke him up!" Carlie said with a fit of giggles.

"Me? If you hadn't been laughing the entire time maybe we would've gotten away with it!"

She punched his arm playfully and I ran my hands down my face.

"What did you do?" I inquired as I stood up, pulling on my eyepatch quickly. I don't like people seeing my right eye, no matter how close we are.

Carlie looked back at me and started laughing again. I shook my head and stood up, not even bothering with the rest of my clothes. I marched out of my room and down the hall to the bathroom to check out my reflection in a gold-rimmed mirror. As I had predicted there were doodle all over my face. There were eyes drawn to my eyelids and whiskers doodled on my cheeks. Pink, sparkly glitter also littered my very light, white skin. I growled lowly and stomped back to my room. Allen and Carlie had evacuated and had taken my clothes with them.

"This isn't cool at all guys!" I shouted as I ran out into the building to chase after them. I caught sight of them running up the stairs and growled. I ran after them, running past a bunch of other exorcists and finders who laughed and whispered about my body being drawn and glittered over. Carlie must've seen or heard me because she looked over my shoulder, tapped Allen's shoulder and they started running faster.

Luckily I had my hammer that I pulled out of my pocket.

"Big hammer little hammer, extend!" I shouted and the handle grew to over 50 feet long. I caught the thieves' shoulders and sent them flying back to me. They fell on their butts and

looked up at me.

"Give me my clothes." I ordered, already slightly pissed off.

"Why?" Carlie asked.

"Because I have to take a shower and get all this crap off of me!"

She stood up and handed me the clothes.

"You want me to come too?" She asked. That question sent a long shiver down my spine and

blood started trickling down my upper lip. That's when I smelt the alcohol on her breath.

"Drinking this early?"

"Early? Dude, it's like two in the afternoon." Allen said.

"You're not drunk too, are you?" I questioned. He laughed and shook his head.

"I just wanted to mess with you."

I shook my head and turned around to start heading back to the showers.

"Does that mean you don't want me to join you?" Carlie asked after me. I ignored her and continued walking.

-------------------------

Carlie and Allen entered the dining hall, Allen guiding her by her shoulders. I'd finally scrubbed all the marker and glitter off my face. Carlie slumped into the seat beside me, holding her head.

"What's wrong with her?" Krory asked.

"Hangover." Allen answered as he sat beside her.

"She should drink water." Kanda said.

"I gave her some. A lot actually. She'd still be drunk right now if I didn't."

Kanda nodded slowly.

Carlie's head made loud "bang!" as it hit the hard, wooden table making the glasses and bowls on it clatter. Her long red hair was sprawled out around her head, over the table. Our

hair color was similar, but hers was a few shades darker than mine.

"My head hurts." She muttered.

"Well banging it on the table sure is gonna make it feel better." Allen said as he gently laid a hand on the back of her head.

"Are you sure you don't want to go back to your room?"

She shook her head. "It's too far away."

"But it'd be better than sitting in here."

She sighed and sat back up. There was a large red mark on her forehead where she hit her

head. She held her arms out to Allen.

"Carry me." She requested.

"What?"

"My head hurts too much to walk. Carry me. Please?"

Kanda stood up and walked around the table to pick her up. He walked with her out of the

dining hall and I turned back to Allen.

"How'd you get her sober so quickly?"

"Made her drink a lot of water. And I mean like, a lot."

I smiled slightly.

"Why was she drinking in the first place?"

Allen shrugged.

"Well she's certainly gonna make our missions and our group a bit more interesting."

Allen laughed. "That's for sure."