Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I was not feeling good that day. I had a bad day at work. Dad came again and shouted at me.

Tired. I dropped my body on the bed. I covered my eyes with my arms and closed my eyes while trying to sleep. But I just can't. My dad's insults are haunting me. It keeps echoing in my mind.

I'm a disappointment to him.

I thought I'm already immune to his words but I guess I'm not. I'm almost 30. I'm getting old, yet he still treats me like a child. He scolds me like I'm still a little boy like he knows from that I'm still going to fail in the end.

My mind is on haywire and it's starting to get dark again. Maybe I'm weak. Yeah... Maybe I'm really worthless.

I need my light. The darkness is trying to conquer me again.

I abruptly got up and went to Gifts apartment. I texted her that I will come and fetch her and she immediately agreed. I'm so relieved.

"Hi bam" She beamed and kissed my cheeks.

I grabbed her by the waist and kissed her on the lips deeply.

She grabbed my arm and looked up. I ended the kiss when I felt like we were running out of breath.

I somehow felt better.

Thanks to this small naughty girl.

We ended up in "the peak". A popular destination here in the city.

I was hugging her from behind. My chin resting on her shoulders.

The cold night wind is brushing on our face.

We ate in a restaurant near it and here we are, watching the city lights.

"Bam, do you have no plans to introduce me to your parents?" We've been together for almost 2 years but I never met her parents. I'm not sulking because of that because I also can't introduce her to my parents too.

I'm just scared to disappoint her too.

I know my dad is a real asshole and he proved that when he called Gift names. I don't want to introduce her to my parents because I know nothing good will come through if that happens.

I felt her stiffen. I wondered.

"Ahm... Maybe next time bam. They are always busy so.."

I wonder what kind of parents she has. She's a jolly and Charming girl so she might have grown up in a happy family.

"Okay, If that's what you want" I kissed her cheek.

She turned silent after that conversation.

I'm not used to it, did I hit something when I asked about her parents? Should I ask her? Probably not. Maybe she is not ready to introduce me yet. Maybe her parents are protective of her?

Days passed and every time we are together making me feel more alive. Not aware that of the days to come.

But I sense something from gift. She often talks. She's not hyper anymore. She's less talkative. I mean she still has the energy and smiles a lot but there's an eerie feeling and I can't point out what it is.

Or is it just my imagination?

I also noticed how she always gaze blankly into the distance. But when I call her out she would just apologize and say she just remembered the movie she saw.

She always excuses herself after we eat and go straight to the comfort room. She would stay there for a long time. So I sometimes tease her if her stomach is upset. Is that how fast her metabolism works?

She's a really funny girl.

As time goes on, I really feel different. She's oddly quiet and would space out a lot more than the usual. But I shrugged it all off and didn't get alarmed by it.

She's Gift. She's a strong girl. She always cheers me up. Maybe its just nothing.

It's just nothing right?
___

"Where are you?" I asked on the other line.

"Ahm... It's just my friend. I'll be home later" I frowned, does she have a friend? Who? Zed?

"That Zed?" I scoffed.

"N-no... She's a girl. She's just going to ask for help"

"Okay," I just sighed. Why am I so paranoid. They're just friends.

"Okay... I Love you A-Aiden" Her voice broke. I was instantly alarmed.

"Hey, are you okay?"  I anxiously asked.

"I'm fine, See you later"

I sighed. She's fine. That's enough right? She said if herself.

"Okay. I love you too My Gift" 

I blinked and just stared at my cellphone.

Weird.

Gift, you're okay, right?

That afternoon I saw her outside her gate, staring into space. I stopped in front of her and rolled the window down.

"Hi bam" I smiled widely. 

She gave me a big smile. But there's that odd feeling again. The dark circles in her eyes are visible. And she looks weak.

We did our usual routine. Went on a date, eating in a fancy restaurant, and then cuddle on the sofa to watch movies.

I frowned as I hugged her.

"Bam, why are you too thin? Don't you eat a lot when you're not with me?" I scold her.

"Hehe, I'm on a diet"

"Why would you do that? You are not fat. In fact, you never get fat" she just laughed and leaned on my chest.

I took his hand and covered it with mine.

"Tsk. Look at these hands. You look like a skeleton bam." She did not say a word. Her eyes also deepened, it looks like she hasn't slept for a long time. 

I held her wrist and I was shocked when she flinched at hurriedly put it down.

"You really have a weird taste in fashion you know. A wrist band that thick? Then choker necklace? Do you have an unlimited supply of these?" I laughed. Just to lighten the mood.

I like this fashion of hers tho. It suits her and she looks good in whatever she wears anyway, so I'm not complaining. It's just weird that even in making love in the shower she's still wearing it. Maybe she likes it that much. She's a weird girl after all.

She also laughed and slapped my hand softly. "Are you judging my taste of fashion mister?"

I hugged her tightly and jokingly bit her cheek.

She cursed me and pushed me away. I licked her cheek to tease her more.

"Ewww!" She was struggling below me. She tried kicking me so I laughed out loud. I would try to lick her and she would shove me away trying to get away from me. She screamed loudly but I just laughed. I love the sound of her voice. She makes me feel alive.

I guess she's okay.

But that's just what I thought.

I should have listened to my guts I hope I noticed the little things. I should have got more sensitive.

Because the next day I heard the most painful news of my entire life.

It was as if I was slowly dying.

My whole body went cold as I watched the rescue team do everything to see the body of the woman who jumps off the bridge.

__

Vote and comment.

Opinion?