P'urdy (Ellis)

Request - Ellis x Reader where they both share one brain cell and are stupid and in love 😳

You were never the brightest color in the box, and people had a tendency to make sure you knew that. You never did mind, you were happy, and when it came to the apocalypse? Who's counting for test scores? Definitely not the boomer you just blew the head off of!
"Did I tell y'all about the time my buddy Keith and I made a rocket launcher? It wasn't my idea but, who would turn down a free light show?" Ellis, a cute, southern boy with a heart of pure gold, began to go off on his tangent. You listened with interest,  your eyes travelling from his scarred lips to his welcoming green eyes. For just a moment, you were able to get away from reality and listen to his story, but it didn't last.
"Ellis, is now really the time?" Nick, in all his cagey glory, decided he'd had enough of Ellis's story.
You pouted and turned away, only to hear a loud gunshot right by your head. You quickly turned back towards the noise and saw a Hunter twitching uselessly on the ground.
"Be careful, Miss! Wouldn't want no zombie to hurt that p'urdy face o' yours!" You looked up and saw Ellis, he was smiling sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck for a moment. Nick made a gagging noise, and it was immediately followed by the 'THWACK' of Rochelle hitting him
You, on the other hand, could barely form a coherent thought. There was no doubt you had a crush on Ellis, with his amazing smile, sage green eyes, and beautiful personality , who wouldn't fall for him? Your face was dusted with warmth as you thought.
"Does.. He like me back..?"
"Hey, safehouse!" You heard Coach's deep voice ring through the area, shaking you from your thoughts, you all turned to follow him into your new temporary home. Closing the door behind you with a thud.
"Well, lets figure this shit out." Nick spoke first, his tense tone sending cautious chills down your spine. You and Nick had never been great friends, but Ellis was quick to break the tension.
"I think we should all get ready to spend the night here. Its getting dark and I'm mighty hungry!" Ellis gave his award-winning grin , your heart beat at a mile a minute.
You looked towards him "I agree. I grabbed some food while we were out , I'll make something simple." He nodded excitedly as you disappeared into a corner near a generator, plugging a hotplate into an outlet nearby and sighing with relief as it lit up.
You were in the midst of cooking when a small knock on the wall startled you. You turned around to see Ellis holding his hand and giving you an embarrassed grin.
"Hey, Y/N? Could you help me out for a second..?" He walked towards you and held out his hand. A rotting piece of wood has gotten caught in the ball of his palm, you pat the ground next to you and he sat. You took his larger hand in yours and pulled a pair of tweezers from the health pack you'd kept strapped to your back. He winced as you pulled out the wood chunk and held an alcohol wipe to the wound, he hissed and you looked up at him with concern. He motioned to you, a small sign that it was alright.
You began to wrap it in gauze, not noticing the 23 year olds eyes glow with admiration (though, puppy love would be a better word for it) as he watched you work. Once youd finished patching it up you looked up towards him. "There we go.. How's it feeling?"
"Huh? Oh much better, thank ya'.."
You smiled, and just before you placed his hand down, you got an idea.
Summoning every ounce of bravery you had, you placed a quick kiss on the bandages.
"A kiss always makes things better..!" You internally held your breath.. What if he's grossed out?  What if he doesn't want anything to do with you?! Your mind was racing a mile a minute.. Oh God what have you done!-
Your thoughts were interrupted by Ellis carefully holding your cheek and pressing his lips to yours. Your heart was a firework, he did like you back !
His lips were chapped but soft, and my god was he a good kisser!
After a few moments, he pulled away slowly, grinning like a kid in a candy store. "I.. I saw a little cut on your lips.. 'N a kiss makes everything better, right?" His southern accent was shaky with excitement and hesitance. You looked up at him with starstruck eyes and nodded, smiling back at him.
You kissed him again, this kiss was more certain, and he returned it with just as much fire.
You held his cheek with your hand, and didn't break the kiss until a small pop could be heard next to you.
You turned to the source of the noise and saw the food you'd been cooking was burning. A small flicker of fire surrounding the ground around the hotplate.
You shouted and Ellis quickly ran over, stomping on the fire with his boot. He turned to you once the fire was gone and you both broke into laughter, shutting off the hotplate and praying that the food wasn't too burned.
O

nce you'd calmed down, you called the other 3 survivors down to the 'kitchen' and sat down on the ground next to them.
You all ate and talked, Nick and Rochelle bickering, only to be broken up by a disgruntled Coach. You leaned against Ellis and looked up towards him, taking in his rugged, handsome features. You couldn't deny that you really liked Ellis.. You could even say you loved him..
Love.. That's a nice word

A nice word to describe exactly how you felt for him.