'''Gal Pals''' (Rochelle x Reader)

CW// Mild cursing,female reader, Rochelle being badass, this is a fluff so there's not much to say

TLDR: A few months with the crew leads two tired women into each other's arms on a cold night.

A/N: a mildly threatening lesbian made it clear she wanted a Rochelle story, and when the lesbians speak, I listen

_________________________________________

    I clicked the safehouse door shut, locking it and pressing it to make sure it was secure. Once I was satisfied with it's sturdiness, I headed back to the others. They were talking mindlessly, patching wounds and smiling amongst themselves. My eyes, like always, drifted to a specific woman. Her eyes were as dark as a stormy ocean, and her smile was sweeter than honey milk. I felt a dull ache in my heart as I eyed her, longing to tell her how I feel. Worry buzzed in my overactive brain, making me glance away. No, I should control myself. I don't even know if she likes women. Better not to risk it. Right? I told myself, again and again, but the words didn't feel right on my tongue. I felt something for the strong woman, and I couldn't deny that.-
   "Hey, Y/N, do you want me to patch you up? You got a few scrapes that might need some attention." I was pulled from my thoughts as the very woman who held my heart called out to me. I glanced over at her, and she smiled sweetly.
   "Yeah, actually, that'd be great. Thanks Ro." I smiled back, feeling my heart drum in my ears.
   She beckoned me over as the boys got bored and walked off to explore the safehouse. It was relatively large so I didn't blame them. I sat on the old couch as Rochelle gingerly took my arm and began working on the worst of my wounds. I internally winced as I saw her pull out an alcohol pad to clean it.
  "This might sting a little, okay?" Her voice was soft, compared to her usual commanding and confident tone, my heart skipped and I nodded.
  She pressed the alcohol pad to my scrape, and I held back a hiss as the disinfectant hit the raw skin, sending shockwaves of pain through me as it cleaned it. Rochelle mumbled an apology and pulled out the bandages, tightly wrapping the wound. We smiled at eachother, and I could barely hide my blush as I noticed her hands lingered, lightly taking mine.
   "All better?" She joked
  I felt a buzz of electricity, and confidence. Fuck it.
   "I dunno..." I drew out the 'o' sound ".. You might have to kiss it better.." I giggled lightly, and Rochelle began to laugh as well.
   "Well, if it helps the patient, Dr. Rochelle is happy to oblige!" She took my bandaged forearm and placed a light kiss on where the wound was covered. I could've sworn I saw stars.
  "I... I think I'm cured!" I joked, trying to hide the fact I was over the moon.
  "Always a pleasure to help!" Her smile warmed my heart.
  Butterflies took off in my stomach. Now or never.
  "..Hey, Ro?" I could hardly meet her gaze.
  "Hm? what's up?" Her voice was calm, like a still pond after it rains.
  "I.. Do you like.. I like you." The words tumbled out before I could stop them, and I felt my face burn.
  "..Oh.. Oh! Well I," I braced myself, ready for the harsh knife of rejection. "..I like you, too. I have liked you, for maybe a week or two now? I just never said anything, cause I didn't wanna make you uncomfortable." I felt a wave of surprise crash over me, and I sobbed with relief. Wordlessly, she wrapped her arms around me, pressing her forehead to mine.
   I steeled my nerves, and closed the gap between us, my lips pressing against hers. It felt like fire and ice, like stars and earth colliding, it felt raw, and tired, and loving, and perfect. Perfect.
  We broke with a quiet breath, both of us smiling like children and just holding each other. I laid back in the couch and pulled her on with me, we barely fit, but I'd never felt so comfortable. We kissed and joked until sleep overcame us.

   The boys walked in about 10 minutes later, to find the two women asleep on the couch, limbs tangled. They all gave a quiet chuckle, but decided not to wake them. As they walked away, an uncertain, southern voice piped up.
  "Do you think they're a couple, or just really good friends?" Ellis wondered
  Nick cocked a brow, "No, they're just 'gal pals'." He 'explained' sarcastically.
  "Hm, no, I think they might be a couple. Don't be dumb, Nick." Ellis chided
  And all Coach could do is burst into quiet laughter.