Prologue.

[ Ivory and Joy to the side, banner courtesy of @GirlNextDoor4U ]

"Ahh, Netflix. You know me so well," I mused, flipping through the reccommended movies after I finished watching Best Man Holiday for the second time today. I wasn't proud of my Christmas movie addiction, but it was either that or gingerbread cookies. I think I picked my poison well, if I do say so myself.

"Oh my God, did something die in here, Ivory? Gross." Joy commented, sneaking up from seemingly nowhere. She scared me so bad that my glasses almost fell off of the bridge of my nose. Well, they did once I took them off to rub my temples. "Never mind that. Why are you down here watching so many holiday movies... before Thanksgiving?"

"Because, I can." I smirked at her. "I pay my 8 bucks a month, so I have a right to get my money's worth of hours of movies and sweatpants." Which were, by the way, covered in ice cream stains and cookie crumbs.

She rolled her eyes, then put her hands on her hips. "Jesus Christ, you're such a smartass." She rolled her eyes more when I laughed at her. Her little midget self looked so cute trying to look tough with her hands on her hips and a scowl on her face that you couldn't help but drop whatever mood you were in.

"I know," I sighed. I wasn't in the mood to be my typical quirky self right then, so I turned back to the TV and went back through the titles to check if there was a movie on there I hadn't already seen. Nope, I thought.

"You didn't quip back at me. Something wrong, Ivory?"

"Nothing, baby. Go back to what you were doing."

"See, now I have to check on you, you know I don't like being told what to do." She walked toward me, then hopped on the bed. I wouldn't look at her since I was almost on the verge of tears. "Ivory, something's wrong. What is it?" She almost demanded, sitting in my lap facing me and cupping my face in her pale hands.

"Nothing." I still refused to look at her, especially now that I was crying for real.

"A crybaby and a terrible liar," she wiped my damp cheeks with her thumbs, "pick a struggle."

"Okay, fine. I miss my family, okay? And I know I just saw them a few weeks ago, but it's not the same. Not everybody was there, and you weren't there, either. Then, nobody could say anything without it ending up in a fight. That's not how it used to be."

"How'd it used to be, then?"

As my somewhat new girlfriend, I had yet to brief her on my ugly family history. It's not that it never came up, but I always changed the subject or gave general answers like the one I was about to give her. "Better than what it is now," I responded honestly. "You don't know how bad I wish I could take the family back in time." Tears of nostalgia burned my eyes, and I tried to hold them back, but I couldn't.

"I don't know, but I understand, Ivory." She kissed my forehead, then wiped my cheeks again before I could swipe the tears away with my hoodie sleeve. "Aww, my crybaby."

"Don't call me that," I pouted. "I'm just sensitive, that's it."

"But it's cute!" she chuckled. I smiled back at her. "Anyway, why not try again to get them together?"

I immediately shook my head. I did it so hard I almost threw her off of my lap, and I almost slapped her with some of my hair that I hadn't touched in two days. "Nope. Not happening. I don't feel like any nosy white neighbors calling the cops on the loud niggers from down the street trying to fight each other."

"I can't- Ivory, maybe you should take your family somewhere other than someone's house. That way, if you guys are out in, I dunno, the wilderness," she threw her hands up, "you guys will have a place to go and fight until you get it out your systems. And if it's not at anyone's house, nobody gets to insult anyone's house or whatever it is that you guys do. Just think about it."

"I dunno..." I responded, skepticism dancing in my voice. "You've never seen my family. You don't know how they get."

"No shit, Sherlock. But I wanna meet them." She paused for a moment, raising her eyebrows. "Wow, that sounds selfish. But really, you won't know if it'll work if you don't try getting them together again. I mean, if push comes to shove, these are all people who are supposed to love each other. Tell them that they're meeting for the sole purpose of love."

"You have a point, J. I think I'll do it," I declared with a smile growing into a grin on my face.

Joy smiled back. "That's great, babe. If you want, I'll help you look online for some holiday lodge that we can all meet at."

I hugged her close to my chest, with my boobs almost smothering her. "Yes! That's perfect!" I giggled. We rocked side to side, I was hugging her so hard. I planted sloppy kisses of gratitude in her silky hair, and she rubbed my back.

She chuckled while her face was still in my cleavage. "Mhm! Now, Ivory?"

"Yes?" I wasn't letting her go.

"You stink. Go take a shower once you let me go."

I playfully pushed her off of me, and she fell back onto the bed smiling up at me. "You suck, Joy!" I threw a pillow for emphasis, and she caught it and propped her massive head on it. We both snickered at our antics.

"Yeah, yeah. Bring the computer on your way back in from your shower. And take a long one."

I rose from the bed to go take a shower like she told me to. On my way up, I caught a glimpse of my reflection and almost died in horror. Why'd I let myself go? And how in the hell did Joy still wanna live with me with me looking like this? Dude. I wasn't gonna let her know I agreed, though. "Fuck you!" I yelled once I was out of range for her to throw something at me.

"Not smelling like that, you won't!" She yelled back.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

A.N. - Not a typical Jvpiter story, but I wanted to do something for Christmas. I have a few questions, as usual, but my main one is if I should continue this.

1) How are you liking it so far?

2) Is Ivory gonna get her family together easily, or nah?

3) How are you feeling about the relationship, from what you can tell?