𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙩 » 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙩

"If it gets too bad at the orphanage, you can always come to my house. My mom would be fine with it if you explained your situation." Nova shrugged as she put her things into her trunk. Tom was sat on her bed, watching her. He didn't have to pack much, never fully unpacking his things out of habit, so when she offered to help him, he offered to help her. Now, he wasn't actually helping, but Nova didn't mind.

"You're very kind," he observed, watching her neatly fold her clothes before putting them into the trunk. "Oddly dressed, but kind." Tom joked, hearing Nova whine. She was wearing pants, like a man. Tom had never seen a woman wear pants.

"I got these in America. The women there all wear them." She assured as she stuffed her hands into her pockets and did a strange pose that made Tom laugh at her. She was odd, odder than he remembered, and he quite liked that. "I like this look, it makes me feel powerful." She grinned and Tom watched her, completely lovestruck.

"You are powerful, you're a witch for Merlin's sake." Nova rolled her eyes and just nodded along.

"In muggle society, I am simply a girl. I won't grow up to be anything great besides a child bearer. It disgusts me. My mother and Aunt Tessie had to fight tooth and nail to work alongside men, and I want to be just like them." Nova said and Tom just watched her sadly, knowing how her story ends. She gets sick, a muggle sickness that can't be cured by magic. She dies at the age of seventeen and Tom becomes the most feared wizard in the whole wizarding world. "I know I'll do it. I'll make people see women in a new light, I swear it."

"I believe you," Tom smiled, looking up at the girl who was the love of his life. "I'll be the greatest wizard in all of the wizarding world, and you'll be the greatest within all of the wizarding world and the muggle world."

"I don't know about the wizarding world, Bela is quite an intelligent girl and I do believe that she'll do better than me," Nova confessed before shutting her trunk and moving to sit beside Tom. "But, the greatest witch in the muggle world doesn't sound too bad."

"It suits you," Tom spoke once again as Nova got up from the bed. She was getting ready to move her trunk onto the trolley outside her dorm. "The powerful look, it suits you."

"It suits you too." Nova smiled, at the boy sitting on her bed. She had this feeling that he would grow up to be someone powerful and known. Once she got her trunk onto the trolley, the two made their way out to the train.

Bela had made the decision to sit with her quidditch friends, and Muri and Michelle were sitting together as always. Tom led Nova to an empty cabin, not wanting to share her attention with any other passengers. They sat across from one another and played some stupid games that Nova came up with. Midway through the trip, Nova moved to sit next to him so she could use his shoulder as a pillow, and Tom couldn't be happier.

He knew he would end up losing her, but when she smiled at him, it was like he didn't care. He had more time with her. He didn't care if he had to pretend to experience for the first time over and over again, he was just happy that he was with her again. The last time ended fast and messy. He had a second chance and he was going to make it even better than the last one.