2. I May Be a Hot Mess, But at Least I'm Hot

Adam Siska refused to be disturbed before 1 pm on a hangover, and he would like to say that he would do anything for his best friend, but that's a lie. He would do anything for William Beckett, except for getting up before 1 pm.
But William was about as stubborn as the ass he was, and Adam really regretted giving William his apartment keys.
When Adam finally awoke to the point that he could comprehend what Bill was saying, realizing that he was dressed in only polka dot boxers, he decided that as payback for the rude awakening, he would be as annoying as humanly possible. Which, for Adam Siska, was not unattainable.
"Jesus Christ, Siska. You're a hot mess," William shook his head, looking around at Adam's trashed apartment.
A smirk crossed Adam's face. "Thanks,"
"For what?"
"You called me hot," he laughed, and threw his arms around William's small waistline, nearly cutting off his air.
"Adam, honestly, stop!" But, of course, Adam didn't. "Seriously, Adam! Please- I need to talk to you! It's a serious thing!"
Reluctantly, Adam let go. "Alright, Bill Beckett, what's this 'serious thing?'"
William reached into the back pocket of the jeans, revealing a ripped flyer. "This could be our break, Sisky. We both need the money-" he stated, gesturing to the grimy apartment, "-and a record deal? That's priceless."
"Gimme that." Adam said, snatching the paper from his hands, much to William's annoyance. "Pete Wentz's Band Battle- who the hell is Pete Wentz?"
William sighed, exasperated. "Pete Wentz? Fall Out Boy? Only the biggest band in our scene?"
"Oh. That Pete Wentz. So it's just like a battle of the bands?"
"Yeah-"
"You know that the people in battle of the bands are like middle school metal bands who think they can scream, right?"
"Well yes, but this isn't really a battle of the bands. It's invite only, read the fine print."
"Alright, alright. Pete Wentz's Band Battle- Pete Wentz will personally invite some of the country's best local bands to Chicago, Illinois, to compete at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The first prize is a record deal with Fueled by Ramen slash Decaydance Records- ok, so how do we get this invite?"
"Keep reading!"
"The invited bands will be bands that have created a local fanbase, are performing gigs regularly and are creating their own music. No signed bands are qualified for the Band Battle- William, do you really think we could make it?"
William smiled. "Yeah. You're the best bassist I know-"
"Well, you're not the best vocalist I know." Adam remarked.
"Rude. Just kick me out of the band, why don't you?" William threw his hands up in surrender.
"Kidding. I like you. But seriously, we're gonna need to work- and get more gigs than just the Vortex Club- if we want this invite," And Adam forgot 'annoying' and focused on the one thing he was good at- music.
-
Victoria Asher was glad she wasn't at the party that night.
Apparently, the cops busted the frat house because of a tip that there would be alcohol and minors. Also Chad had to bail Hayley out of jail because she had drugs. Or something. In any case, there were perks to staying in the dorm and studying.
But one of those perks was not Taylor. Victoria's annoying roommate would not shut up about her boyfriend, who Victoria could not give two shits about.
Tony wasn't even that cute.
The fifth time that Victoria had to give love advice was one too many times for her- especially since it was almost two and her psychology exam was at eleven. In a desperate attempt to escape Taylor, Victoria snuck out on the excuse of showering (despite the fact that she already showered twice) and tried to refresh her mind with a jog around campus.
She absolutely had no hope in life; she didn't even like psychology all that much, just thought that with a psych degree, she might be able to read minds. It had been almost three years, and she still couldn't. And considering the fact she barely opened the textbook this year, she was hoping for a C. At best.
So as Victoria plugged her earbuds in, pondering the question of what the hell she was going to do with her life (because college campus life at 2am makes you question things like that), the answer hit her, quite literally, in the face.
A gust of autumn wind had detached a flyer from a tree and flew it straight into her eyes. The unsuspecting Victoria blinked in shock, wondering what hit her and probably scarred her eyeball. She grasped at the paper and began to tear it from the knots in her brown hair. As she read it, her eyes widened. Pete Wentz's Band Battle. And you could win a record deal.
Victoria had her mind set from the moment she read the words "Pete Wentz". She had a plan- join a band, go to Chicago, and score the record deal.
Maybe Victoria wasn't passionate about psychology, but she was passionate about her piano.

(an- sorry about the long wait, but thank you for the amazing feedback! i promise i will try to be more consistent with updates. xoemily)