Chapter Four

Denki POV:

A beautiful boy invited me to go on the roof with him. How could I say no?

"Yeah!" I slapped my hand over my mouth. I didn't want to wake Mina.

Shinsou smiled a bit and turned back around, going towards the stairs on the way to the roof. I stayed a little bit behind him, I wasn't sure what to do.

"Shinsou?" I asked.

He turned around sharply and pressed a finger on my lips. "Wait."

Not gonna lie, my heart thudded a little. As we started our journey up the stairs, the silence seemed to take shape, and now a cloud made of all the things I wanted to say was hovering above us.

Shinsou pushed open the door to the roof, and I poked his shoulder.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Can I ask my question now?"

"Sure."

"When you said it was okay to... ya know, kiss," I felt so awkward saying it like that but whatever here we go. "Did you mean it was okay that time or... are we boyfriends or something now?"

"Whatever would make you happy." Shinsou walked to the edge of the roof.

"Hey, be careful, okay?" I grabbed Shinsou's  arm and pulled him back.

"I'm fine, Den-Kaminari." His eyes widened and he cringed a little. "Sorry, I almost used your first name."

"Well, since we're boyfriends now, call me Denki!" I grinned from ear to ear.

Shinsou POV:

"Huh?" I'm sure I looked like a deer in headlights.

"You said we could do whatever made me happy, right?" Kaminari's grin was getting bigger, if that was even possible. "It would make me happy if you agreed to be my boyfriend!"

"Sure." I blushed so brightly, my face was redder than the roses growing near the edge of the roof. "Hold on, before you pulled me away, I was getting something for you."

I went back to the edge of the roof, kneeled down, and picked three of the roses. I came back over to Kami and held them out.

"Hitoshi Shinsou." Denki grabbed the roses and leaned in to give me a peck on the cheek. "You are the sweetest emo cat I know."

"Emo cat?" I smiled and raised an eyebrow.

"And you have a beautiful smile." Denki tapped his chin thoughtfully. "And if I'd ever heard it, I might be able to compliment your laugh."

"Well I love your laugh." I stared straight into Denki's golden eyes. "And I love your boldness and your bravery. I admire your confidence and self love. I wish I had your eyes, and your face is the most adorable thing I have ever seen."

I was slowly walking towards Denki, slowly forcing him back. He almost had his back against the entrance to the stairway. His brilliant smile was slowly fading into a confused but admiring look.

"I love the way you don't care what people think about you and that you always act yourself. But I hate that I can see right through all of it. I see that you actually do care, and it hurts you when people laugh at you. I can see that you're not actually all that happy. I know you have to pretend a lot, and I don't want you to pretend with me."

His back was pressed against the stairway door now. Tears flooded down my face.

"Because even though I've only known you for a month, I love you, Denki!"

Denki POV:

He said it. He said everything that no one else knew. That I covered up my insecurities with a fake personality. And then he said that he loved me.

When he said it, tears were streaming down his face, and I realized I was crying too. It took a lot to make me cry. If I was with anyone, I had to be comfortable exposing myself to that person.

Shinsou was the person I had been looking for for so long, the person that understood me completely and still liked me. In this case, loved me.

My shoulders shook and I hugged him. I sobbed into the shoulder of Hitoshi Shinsou, the new kid in the hero course. The shy boy at school. The emo shut-in.

He was my boyfriend. The person who knew who I really was. And the person that loved me anyway.

And I think that maybe... just maybe... I loved him too.

(734 words)

vote if you like it pls <3

-ash