five !

The world warped around the group of four as they landed in the midst of a raging battle.

"Don't let go of my hands," Aina warned as she moved closer to the battle, dragging the three males with her, "Or you will be lost to the abyss."

They nodded in understanding, watching as the destruction around them escalated. Two men could be seen in the distance. One was taller, wearing a black and red cloak while the shorter one wore a black shirt and standard shinobi pants.

Black fire raged around them and bolts of lightning passed through them like they were nothing, "Faster, we have to hear what they're saying. I've never seen this before."

The four of them froze at the sight before them. And older Sasuke was running from the black flame, he had an odd growth on his back like a wing. 

"Shit Sasuke," Kiba rasped out, "What the hell is happening."

"He's fighting Itachi," Aina murmured, moving closer to the older Uchiha, "But the lengths he's gone to do so..."

They watched as Sasuke's wing-like growth caught fire and winced as he screamed in pain. He collapsed and the black flames spread outwards to the surrounding forest. Itachi walked forward and the group of four followed. They watched as he lent down, two fingers extended only to stop as Sasuke melted to nothing. 

"He went below," Kakashi murmured and sent a sharp look to Itachi who was now hunched over and coughing blood into his hand. "He's sick."

"Jump!" Aina cried as the ground below them started to split. Her teammates followed her orders and the landed on the side of the building, staring down at Sasuke who looked more like an experiment than anything.

"Oh god," Sasuke murmured, "What have I become?"

"That's a curse mark," Kakashi hissed, "That's the work of Orochimaru, Aina do you know when—"

"No," She murmured, "I don't look through Sasuke's future very often. I never thought it would be like this I—"

"Guys, it's a storm!" Kiba shouted, "He's using lightning from the storm to take him out! Damn this would be so cool if it wasn't scary as fuck!"

"We need to move!" Kakashi yelled, his free hand covering his face from the onslaught of rain that was somehow touching them, "Why are we becoming solid? Aina, what the hell is happening!"

"Just a few more seconds!" Aina snarled, "We just need to see the outcome! There is something important here! I know it!"

The lightning hit and the blast sent them careening away. They held onto each other through chakra alone and both Sasuke and Aina were on their feet in a matter of seconds. Both trying to see the outcome.

"Holy shit," Aina breathed, "He survived that. How the fuck is future you still alive if your brother fucking survived that!"

"He's holding back," Kakashi grunted, "I've seen him fight before and he's holding back and he's sick."

"But why." Aina stressed, "There is a method behind his madness but what is it!"

Sasuke's hand clenched around hers and they watched in horror as Itachi pulled out his trump card. The four of them took a step back as Itachi spoke about the Susano'o.

"He's out of chakra," Kakashi hissed, "But from the curse mark something is—"

The four of them watched in horror as a giant snake erupted from the curse mark on future!Sasuke's neck. Kiba hurled right then and there and Sasuke was no better, Aina stepped back in horror.