Chapter Seventeen

Nadiya's POV

I slowly open my eyes to look at my surroundings. "Natasha?" I manage to croak out. When I try to sit up, I find that my hands are strapped down to a metal table. "Bucky?" I say a little more panicked.

I start to tug against the bindings as hard as I can, but did not prevail. Sighing in defeat, I slump onto the metal table. When looking around the room, it seems to be some kind of laboratory.

Wait a minute.

This was a lab HYDRA used to use. This is where I would go when they would do experiments on me.

Man, what did I do to get myself into this mess?

I am not about to be one of HYDRA's puppets again. Nope, not in a million years. I look down at my bindings and try to tug on them once more.

As I'm struggling to get out of the bindings, a man I never wished to see entered the room.

"My dear, what on Earth have you done this time?" He asked in a wicked tone. I stare back at him with hatred in my eyes.

Dr. Popova swiftly grabs the sides of my face and yanks me in his direction so that my face is right in front of his. "You do not look at my like that, you hear me, girl? You are a soldier, you do not by any means disrespect your superiors."

"I just looked at you, I didn't say anything to disrespect you." I say sassily.

He backed away at my response, then looked to another man who had just entered the room. "Remind me to fix that mouth of hers when we're done her."

"Yes Doctor," replied the man, "Would you like me to send him in?"

"Yes. Do undo her bindings as well, will you? I want to see how this plays out." He finishes with a smirk.

"Yes Doctor."

With that, Dr. Popova exits the room, and an all too familiar man enters. My heart beats rapidly with excitement as the assistant comes over to undo my bindings. Once they are off, he quickly exits the room.

"Bucky?" I breathe. He doesn't respond, he only stands there.

"Why are you wearing your bullet proof vest? Did you guys change or something?" I ask. No response.

"Bucky, why aren't we in the car anymore? Where's Natasha?" I ask anxiously. No response.

Out of nowhere, I felt the sudden urge to go run up to Bucky and give him a hug. To be frank, this whole situation seems all too familiar. Like I've done it all before.

Without thinking I ran up to Bucky, but was greeted by a metal arm to the face. I fall to the ground and hit my head on the metal floor.

"Bucky, what are you doing?" I ask, trying to recover from the blow to my head. Again, no response.

Once I stand, I look him in the eyes. The eyes is what tells you most about the person. From what I remember, I was able to tell the difference between my Winter and the Winter Soldier when I was younger. I thought I would give it a shot.

What I saw was emptiness. No emotion was set into those eyes, as if you were looking into a void. This wasn't Bucky, it was the Winter Soldier.

"Alright, if a fight is what you want, a fight is what you get." I say coldly, which earns a smirk from 'Bucky'.

He walks toward me and starts to throw punches. I block most of them, even getting a few of mine in. One punch to the gut I wasn't able to block, and I flew across the room and slammed into a wall.