Chapter Eighteen

Nadiya's POV

I scan my surroundings carefully. My guess is that I'm in the old training room in HYDRA's facility due to all of the punching bags, gym equipment, and sparing mats.

I faintly remember this place. It almost doesn't make sense. I was rescued from HYDRA not too long ago, so why would I barely remember this place?

I internally groan as I remember Luka and I's conversation. Stupid memory wipe.

Fear hit me like a brick wall when the realization of all of this finally sunk in. I'm back in HYDRA. I'm loosing my memories.

I lightly chuckle at myself. Dang, HYDRA must really want me. I guess I am pretty important after all.

Out of nowhere someone burst through the door, making me jump. Fear paralyzed my body as I watched one of HYDRA's trainers make his way over to me. Once he got close, he forcefully grabbed my arm and pulled me close.

"You better listen to me. I am not going to have you embarrass me, understand?" The man said.

"Yes, sir-"

"Shut up!" He sneered. "I told you to listen, not to speak. You hold no importance here, so your opinions do not matter."

I stayed silent.

"Now, as I was trying to say, the Commander is coming today to see your progress. You are going to do what you are told, no exceptions. Understood?"

I stayed silent, which earned me a hard slap to the face. My free hand quickly went to my cheek as I stared at the man in shock.

The grip he had on my arm tightened as he used his other hand to rip my hand off of my cheek. He grabbed my other arm tightly as he roughly shook me.

"What's the matter with you?" He gritted through his teeth. "Don't you know how to acknowledge someone when they're talking to you?"

"But-"

He slapped me again. "I said no talking!"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I stared at the man in annoyance. What was I supposed to do? He said no talking, so if anything he should be correcting himself.

If anything, I should be correcting myself. I know better than to cry in front of a HYDRA solider. Something was off. I haven't been this jumpy or careless in a long time.

I knew once he saw my tears it would be game over. One thing that has been made clear to me is that luck is never on my side, so it would only be a matter of seconds before he did notice.

Per usual, I was right.

With one swift motion, he grabbed my jaw, making me whimper in fear.

"What is this? Tears?" He sneered as he jerked my head to the side. "You're a soldier! Soldiers do not cry!"

A rough shove to the ground was enough to tell me that our conversation was over. He swiftly made it to the door then left, slamming it shut.

I stayed on the ground as I watched him leave. Once I saw the door shut, I carefully placed my hand to my burning cheek. The pain had not yet gone away. But the pain coming from my ribs was worse. I place my hand on my side, hoping to subdue the pain. That was when I noticed the forming bruises on my forearms.

I lightly touched them, then sneered away in pain. Bad idea, I thought.

My head quickly snapped to the door when I heard movement behind it. Another bad idea, I thought as I felt the pain of my concussion.